frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Once upon equinestria: Arcodes journey. A post apocalyptic platformer RPG

MywMyw
edited September 2016 in Play My Game
A game I've been working on on and off for over a year, changing focus and story a good amount of times, but finally have a focus. It is a single player post-apocalyptic platformer/RPG heavily inspired by the fallout equestria series and my own characters and story. At the time it can be punishing, but improvements are why I am in the forum, for your opinions.to start the single player campaign click on the centered start (the other is my original draft of the game, a 2 player puzzle platformer) I have only finished the tutorial in the beginning, and a couple levels after saving him (you'll see what I mean when you get to it). Please give feedback and what you want to see next. Link: http://www.flowlab.io/game/play/306049
Tagged:

Comments

• I have added lil' propaganda for the main (and not yet introduced) antagonist in the first mission for artstash.
  • MywMyw
    edited September 2016
    hash browns playing "tag" forever alone

• It has a nice gameplay tho
  • New update! Update: "Mission 1: a dead new world" wrap up!
    . Animations for Arcodes walk has been majorly improved (only for mission 1 for good line)
    . Finished mission 1 (Good line)
    .Added fire, 3 new levels, and a explosion animation (All are at end of mission 1)
  • MywMyw
    edited September 2016
    Update: Mal-ware Industries "When you need your job done right"
    after death and chapter two "good" line intro
  • added start-up screen
  • edited September 2016
    The game changes from a laboratory right to kind of a creepy game... anyway nice job! The game flows like a movie
  • I can't wait to start up on the after death part! Not sure how I will make it work but I'll figure I out
  • New menu screen (much better now) thanks to the new update with the fonts and what not
  • Added more to Malwares area, update in your capturing's background
  • added more on the dark-one, added Easter eggs in the intro, and added a Easter egg level that basically spoils my universe. Also added more to the map scene
  • added a briefing room, and cartridge holding some backstory, NEW ANIMATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! a B.M death and stick being held with magic pointing at a map
  • added a trip to the rebel base, including a ton of transitions, dialogue, and set up
    dark-one removvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    comment corrupted
  • added new level in the beginning stages, added the first level in which you train with the rebellion, and the introduction of Magination (that you know of)
  • MywMyw
    edited November 2016
    added the second level, and an animation depicting the destruction of Magination
    I really need people to tell me their opinion and give suggestions, I am in need of some filler levels to mess with.
  • I like the gameplay, but the story seems to be wandering a bit. Try to make it flow smoother, but it's your choice
  • Right now I am mainly trying to cram in an intro to each faction and push universe lore. magination is there as it was a major power before the wars. I do agree things are in too fast a pace and is going from one thing to another too fast, but I'm not sure what to put in.
  • edited November 2016
    Why not make some of the cutscenes through the players point of view. And as it progresses they slowly start to realize about the uprising thats about to take place
  • THAT is a very good idea. Bad thing is I suck at animations, but I will probably still do that.
  • What OS do you have?
  • If its windows, i recommend getting paint.net
    its totally free, and its what i used to make my starblast sprites
  • I'll see if it works for me then. I do have windows
  • New update!
    Added some of "the missle stages" introducing
    Blue magic
    Turrets
    Breakable crates that are also affected by gravity
    And mines
    It also shows and implies what the rebellion is doing in the fight against malware, and a terrible secret of maginations creation
    The band of levels is not done, nor is the stage before. I need to do dialouge and decor for the previous and current stages. The current stages are not done, and will serve as a good chunk of gameplay. The difficulty was lowered in the presents of the new weapons.
    Enjoy!
  • The origional Arcodes journey picture
    No update just a picture I drew about a year ago about the first version of the game, back when it was Artstash and Arcode. It holds little cannon (Malware would never leave his bases at that point!) but is still fun. It also has the original design for Malware, previously Un-named, and was my first concept art. Held at the winter arts festival 2015
  • All levels are connected now!
  • finished the main missile stages, tell me if you can last 2 minutes with the dark one!
  • I added some new dialogue, now I need to redo the last stages to fit the big decision. Play now to fight the dark one early, it is only temporary
  • Its been a month!!?!?!?! wow. tooooooo long
    anyway, I added the other missile ending, a cut scene, and a new stage in the second act.
    Enjoy!
  • 10 days... slightly better, and new stuff! Added radiation, but no real effects of it yet, but will soon. Added a new level. created new character for the next chapter: Escape from Mageination