frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

New Year update: Cloning

edited January 4 in Announcements
I just deployed a new update to the website to enable a feature that has been requested a lot: cloning games. For now this feature is not available on free accounts, but here's how it works:

- If you have an Indie membership, you can clone (make a copy of) your own games
- If you have a Studio or Education membership, every user on that account can also clone each others games

This is intended to be used for:

- Making a copy of your game before making drastic changes, in case you want to revert them later
- Making game "Templates" that can be copied across accounts

Comments

• Ooooh snap!
  • edited January 4
    It doesn't work all that well:

Collisions working incorrectly, Working fine now after fixing families
    Easily noticable problems
    Expressions not editing correctly, if changed, gives an outcome as if it never was changed
  • edited January 4
    Compare this: http://flowlab.io/game/view/530626
    To this: http://flowlab.io/game/view/570896

Goal: create a mobile friendly version

It seems that the families didn't go across, so you have to set them again
  • thanks for the report - I'll check it out
  • edited January 4
    Hey, this update is awesome, I got something I really could use

More importantly, this may just be the one to go to android. I never find the time to do it, it all just looks so hard. I got the dev license, but now I gotta figure out how to get the apk ready and all that
  • edited January 4
    @jngthree - did you change the width of the clone, or did it copy incorrectly?
  • edited January 4
    I changed that myself so I could configure it to mobile.
  • OK good, thanks. I just deployed an update for the parents not getting cloned properly, so that's fixed. I'll look into the expression issue tomorrow.

Let me know if you run into any other glitches - this is all brand new code, so there may be some edge cases I overlooked.

Thanks!
  • i really want to come back here..... i want to help out everybody, report bugs and continuing making my games but i don't have enough time :(
  • @PixelPizza It's not about "having" time. It's about "MAKING" time ;)
  • Making time?!? No mortal being on Earth could ever do that
  • You don't get it lol :P
  • The cloning is not working for me!!!! Please take a look at this!!!
  • not working @ztg5
    u just spammed
  • @ztg5 - I just found (and fixed) an issue that was preventing some older games from cloning properly. I think this will allow you to clone Buckets now.
  • :worried: thats a lot of buckets
  • @jngthree - I also just changed it so that clones do not inherit the favorite and play count of the games they are cloned from, so clones will no longer jump right to the top of the games list
  • edited January 15
    I'm just shocked... hey, did the clones "kick the bucket" afterward? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAwhatamidoingHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
  • i loved that @jngthree Sorry for the ignorant spamming guys, it said it wasn't working, didnt think ive have an effect like that! lol
  • It's fine
  • I just try to play my game (the cloned version) and its literally just red squares with a black background???
  • edited January 15
    funny: @grazer was just on, then @ztg5 showed up. And @jngthree is still here
  • all the sprites are red squares, the code is still there tho
  • @jngthree what you been up to on flowlab? havent been on in a while but i remember your games
  • @ztg5 - delete the broken clones and make a new one - it should copy properly now.
  • It worked thanks!!
  • Does anyone know if/how to carry over points into a new level?
  • Please help!!!!!!!