frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Starblast 2 Mobile?

edited January 4 in Play My Game
This is a WIP, but so far I cloned my game, tinkered with the scrolling, then changed the size, and added some stuff and removed some stuff... and finally, it's time.. FOR SB2 MOBILE...

Did already:
•Because I expanded the screen on the X axis, i had to change some scrolling so the board is coordinated with the screen correctly
•bomb button
•removed mouse shooting

To do:
•Joysticks (somehow?)
???

@grazer any idea on how to pull this off?

Test here

@everyone suggestions?

Comments

• Joysticks?!
    And...
    SB2score
    Hooray!
  • Nice
    My web Site, "the console" = jngthree.wix.com/jngsconcole

• edited January 8
    @Latif3 basically I want 2 joysticks on the corners of the screen. After all, this IS a mobile port

I was going to use mouse clicks, mouse move, point-ats, saving, and filters to do it, but then I realized, GUI objects can't rotate...

Left corner: movement
    Right corner: aim and fire

• Oh so something like the diepio app.
    Hmm.. I'm curious. I never thought about joysticks. Would be cool if it really works :o
  • MywMyw
    edited January 5
    the only way I think a joystick would work (to my knowledge) is if there was collisions in UI with other UI's, and, I'm not sure if this already works, a way to hold down with mouse/ finger. 2 joysticks I can't think of any solution
  • The way I had it is that there are filters to ensure that the mouse moves are in the corners, and when there's a detection the GUI object points at it and saves the rotation, which is loaded by the ship to match the rotation

• ah, didn't think of filters
  • @Latif3 to be honest I don't think I've ever gotten that high of a score in chaos mode... then again I use the desktop port... soooo

• edited January 9
    Anyway @grazer how could I tackle this problem? Do I just make 8 bunch segment objects to make joystick? I really want the player to have more freedom than just 8 directions. I want them to have 360 directions

• edited January 10
    @grazer really though, I want to make a twin stick shooter.

Any ideas? Anyone?

• Hey @jngthree - I'll take a look at this and see what I can come up with
  • K thanks

• edited January 26
    @jngthree what do you think about this approach with the new update: http://flowlab.io/game/play/584693 ?
  • @grazer it's a good idea!

I'm goung to try making a prototype.

But if I'm using a mousmove and there are two mouses, then which one picks up?

• My web Site, "the console" = jngthree.wix.com/jngsconcole

• download here

• @grazer test it? I think there is a problem with the alpha node, not sure tho

• My web Site, "the console" = jngthree.wix.com/jngsconcole

• That's cool, If only I had a google play device...