frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

SB2 news.

edited January 23 in General

new mode ideas!

The four main multi-platform modes (PC and mobile) have been completed, and I'm ready for more modes
But... with new never-seen-before mechanics

Challenge mode:
3 lives, 20 levels

The levels are randomly generated but include a preset amount of enemies.

Uprising mode: you can't shoot, and enemies now fallow you in a single file line. But sometimes a power up will appear. And when grabbed you will temporarily gain shooting abilities, and can shoot the line of enemies chasing you, earning you points.

Slowly, as the game progresses, the game speeds up. So eventually, everything ends up traveling twice as fast, including you.

Mobile:

As far as mobile is going, I'm pretty concerned. I am trying to think of a twin-stick mechanic @grazer is helping me think of a way to make reusable joysticks.

another note:

I also made a lesser version of the game that is designed to fight lag. That way people with weaker computers may play with ease. Not all the modes will be included in the future, but hey- it's better than nothing.

Ports

play low-quality here
play regular here

Comments

• edited January 23
    Nice additions!
    Also on the scoreboard you spelled Chaos, Choas instead ;D @jngthree
  • edited January 23
    Chaos is how autocorrect spells it, thanks for the suggestion though! @henf25
    My web Site, "the console" = jngthree.wix.com/jngsconcole

• No wait... I see what you mean... oops

• edited January 23
    I need to find a way to edit it. Because as usual I don't have the tools I need to edit it
    @grazer I could swap out the letters if you made a select tool and a move selection tool

• That's why it's my list of things I've always wanted. I didn't make it for no reason :P
  • edited January 24
    Starblast looks like it could be a multiplayer game... idk

• Starblast legends is coming

• Starblast.io :smiley:
  • Oh god

• edited January 25
    I wonder how and why that happened. Maybe someone saw mine? Idk

• edited January 29

Also, I have a SBtoy. Yes, it's custom, and yes, it's one of a kind.... for now :wink:

• Also, I made a shield mechanic that activates for five seconds when you spawn/respawn. This way you don't die almost immediately after spawning

• edited January 29
    SB2 mobile is pending publication on the app store.
    @grazer please test it the moment it comes out. Pretty please with lasers on top? :smiley:

• ahahaha i like the SBtoy
  • Lol

• edited January 30
    Welp. Changing the name because I've been hit with a strike

I just appealed it because they said my game was identical to Starblast.io

The two games other than the name are not identical at all. Matter of fact, they are almost completely different. I put in "too harsh" because it should be a warning for just ONE similarity

• Yikes, that sucks :/

The toy is really cool though.

What's the new name going to be?
  • edited January 29
    That's not good... but I love the toy

edit: I searched it up and it's also a spaceship shooter in outer space. I think that caused the confusion
  • edited January 29
    @grazer I can't think of a name, and even if I did, I would have to edit ALL of the title assets over three games, and I'm too lazy for that. But to be honest. I think it's best to let go, and leave it as it is

• @Luminous700 there are many space related games. That has nothing to do with it

• @grazer if you could help me rebuild the assets I might get around to rebuilding it

• edited January 30
    @grazer I would like to revert a few edits. I renamed it SpaceBlast and changed some things... but I decided I would like to keep the old name and assets, but have a clone with the new edite

• edited February 2
    Google has deducted my strike and has put my game back of on the store.

I am glad to say that it is almost there; it will have it up soon

• @grazer alpha doesn't work with android

• I'm brainstorming on another idea...

Maybe...multiplayer co-op?

• edited March 22
    I just added a few new features:

1: made the menus show which quality setting is active
    2: My favorite new feature: made the option to play the original game's tracks instead of the newer ones (for example, arcade mode now plays "neon battlefield from Starblast neon wars")

Because survival mode is so close in idea to pacifism, the music for that has been carried over too.

For now there's 2 old tracks available, but I do plan to add more, and if possible, all of them.

• edited April 12
    I'm beginning to continue progress with this game, Im finally beginning to work on co-op, and so far so good... I've already gotten the movement set up, and thanks to the families update, quickly redid the enemy system so the 2 ships are targeted, yet single player unaffected (I think)

So as far as the game goes, multiplier will not be added, and for balancing reasons, neither will bombs. Not only that, but the two ships power will sum up to 100 (the single player ships power.) that's 50 each

Lives WILL BE SHARED, teamwork is key, and if the other ship is low on power, it would be advised to protect them by sacrificing yours. If the lives counter drops to 0, the game ends, regardless of the surviving ships state.

Also, it may sound difficult, but you have double firepower, unless you don't know the controls or the other player doesn't exist... that's definitely a problem.

• edited April 12
    @grazer have you done anything about those 6 problems I listed that one time? I am almost completely out of people who have the app installed.

Also, I noticed, it's taking INSANELY long to export to desktop

• Co-op Mode is complete!

because the controls are different, they are listed at the beginning of each Co-op game.

Cores do not boost multiplier, but are still collectible and will add up to your core bank.
    Power ups DO NOT boost firepower, but instead uses a bomb, clearing the board.

• @grazer as a temporary workaround the simultaneous joysticks problem AND a breakthrough on flowlab altogether, I present to you: the autofire setting! This setting removes the firing joystick and gives the player the opertunity to actually play because now there's only one joystick and you still fire! Once the problem is fixed, it will serve as a way for people with lesser skill to compete with those that are greater.