frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Export on mac

edited February 2017 in General
okay so im thinking of getting an indie membership just to see what its like, but i just need to know if you can export games for mac/apple products. If not thats fine because i also have a windows laptop, but it might change my decision on whether to get indie or not. If its not compatible for mac, i really hope it could be updated to be compatible with it in the future.

Comments

• ATM you may only export IOS (iPhone)

But it requires a mac. Not only that you have to pay a fee of 100-250 a month.

In my opinion android is the way to go
  • @jngthree it seems like android would be a better option, sadly i dont have an android product so i probs wont buy indie membership :confused:
  • Right now, you can export to:

- Windows PC (.exe)
    - Android / Amazon (.apk)
    - iPhone/iPad (.ipa)

I started with iOS only, and added Android and then Windows as they were requested more and more.

It's possible that I could add a Mac export pretty easily, since the iOS builds run on a Mac already, but I haven't tried it. No one has asked for a Mac desktop app before that I can remember :)

• @grazer well it would be nice to have mac export and i would most likely buy indie membership if it was compatible.
  • Nicest admin ever...
  • @henf25 believe it or not, me neither. I go with testers to do my work for me.

Speaking of which @grazer I don't think the alpha node is working with android.
  • I'd love to have mac export, frankly spoken before reading this und before going indie i thought it's already implemented.