frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

[FIXED] Incorrect hitboxing

edited July 11 in Bugs
@grazer, when the game starts (or any level with the border objects) the borders move from the center to there position, then lock in place. There is a little gap at the top and bottom of the board (in the middle right above/below the spawn point)
For some reason the site won't let me post photos..

https://flowlab.io/game/play/530626

Comments

• My web Site, "the console" = jngthree.wix.com/jngsconcole

• The exporter is still failing.
    My web Site, "the console" = jngthree.wix.com/jngsconcole

• I just re-updated the windows/desktop build a moment ago - are you trying desktop or mobile?
  • Windows

• The @grazer

• Awww come on!! @grazer

• Hey @jngthree - I thought the windows server was fixed. I just restarted it again, if it keeps failing I'll need to replace it :(
  • Ok, I'll try to start it off again. I'll give you feedback.
    As far as the hitboxing goes, what may be he problem here?

• @grazer it failed :-1:

• ok, I'm working on the mobile builds now - I'll probably just end up replacing that server. I'll keep you posted.
  • @jngthree - the windows build server has been replaced, let me know if you have any more issues with it.
  • @grazer thanks, but what about that bug?

• For now I removed the behavior that caused this, but to reactivate it, just connect the two outputs from the eases into the X/Y output.

Also the exporter works

@grazer

• And that didn't work either. The bug persists...

• @jngthree - What didn't work? The exporter failed?
  • I just checked your latest build of SB2, and it looks like it completed OK as far as I can tell, but there is an issue with one of the sounds. I'll investigate it.
  • OK, so I checked it out. Apparently there was an error at kiwi6 that prevented your sounds from getting downloaded and packaged in. Whatever was causing that seems to have passed now, though. I triggered a rebuild of SB2, and it completed fine and seems to run now.
  • @grazer if you move straight up, you can ghost through a part in the border.

• edited June 8
    Uploading photos doesn't work..

• Hey @jngthree - I took a look at your game and I think I figured out the issue:

You have some logic that disables the physics on your border object, that then gets re-enabled when the Ease (on the x axis) is complete.

The problem is that you have two objects, one at the top and one at the bottom, that start out in the correct position. For these two objects, the Ease behavior is never run (since they start in the correct position) so it never completes, so the enable is never triggered.

You could fix this by triggering the enable on both the y and x position ease complete outputs, probably. Another solution would be to just use a timer to enable the borders instead of relying on the Ease output.

Hope this helps.
  • edited June 9
    Nice.

Edit: wow, I just realized that has been my first coding error that was obvious in months! Maybe even a year.

Someone find a question of mine that was obvious

• If it makes you feel any better, it only seems obvious once you know the problem - I scratched my head for quite a while before I found it :)
  • @grazer I was thinking of a way to create your own hitboxes.

The hitbox editor allows you to add circles and squares to create a hitbox of sorts.