frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Starblast 3- update log

Comments

• Did some realignment
  • edited July 2018
    There’s a new feature in the customize arena screen: Dynamic boarder lighting!

warning! VERY known for lag- only use this if you’re confident in your computer’s power!!

There’s a fake ship on that screen that demonstrates the effect when it’s turned on
  • Here’s a screen cap on what the effect does, try to find it ;) D9D998A7-652F-4FC2-A1D6-74A1A395601C
  • @Mhx Aîr figured you’d be interested in these changes, either that or you didn’t post.
  • edited July 2018
    I just haven't had time to read it, because there's a lot of stuff. I can't really look and read, since I'm at work, I've been working for I don't know 7 hours, but I'll read it when I get off in 2 or 3 hours. I've just been pretty busy lately, so I haven't posted as much this week.
  • edited July 2018
    Are you doing something with your game? I just went to try it out, and nothing ever happens. I recorded a gif to show you. Not sure if you are just editing it or something. I'm getting a ton of points to do nothing.

Edit: Over 100k points later, still nothing happens.
    a
  • They should be spawning??

Refresh the game- sometimes not all the coding loads in
  • Worked fine when I tried it. 849544DB-C721-452E-86D4-AFB1DF2116E5
  • Took a couple refreshes but it loaded the 3rd time. I wonder why it sometimes does nothing.
  • I bet it’s because of the mere size of the game. It exceeded 50 mgbts not too long ago
  • edited July 2018
    Hopefully not. That makes me want to put a cautionary GUI loading screen in my game, so it makes sure everything loads in the background with a checklist or something. If I ever run into something like this myself, I'll have to find a workaround. Does it happen to you occasionally?
  • @Mhx Aîr remember when I asked for that object counter node? That would make it a lot easier.

I still think that should be used
  • Oh and you asked for my input on SB2 vs SB3 and in the end it mostly just comes down to being cramped and dying constantly due to being cramped in SB3, where in SB2 I can freely glide around and dodge everything, and survive for up to 15 minutes or more on a good run with smart usage of bombs. In SB3 I never survive over a couple minutes if I even get to move without dying after spawning. Might also just be me being bad, but I feel like you move too slow to dodge sometimes, but there isn't enough room to move fast, so in the long run, maybe it's just me.
  • @CrimsonBlackGames I do think they loaded in my gif, but they are stuck in the top left corner for some reason. Is that why? Bad spawning code? I'm sure they all appeared, so a counter wouldn't help, if they're all just stacking in the corner off screen.
  • The way it works is they spawn wherever, then they immediately choose a spot around the player, teleport about half a screen to the left, and then ease up to the player. They play an animation of them charging, then they fire that beam.
  • Anyway, noting your dodging, I’m probably going to buff the base speed of the ship, but I’d like to emphasize the disposables a bit.

The bomb in SB3 works exactly like it does in SB2, but is triggered with Z. But you can also refill your health with X, and can double your speed temporarily with C.

The bomb and repair both take a minute to regenerate, but the speed boost regenerates almost immediately after the effect wears off.
  • I wasn't even aware of Z X C, since the screen before the game only shows WSAD and DPAD.
  • The bottom of the screen used to show them and display what they did
  • It was supposed to you to put the icons in it.

But hey I think someone just beat the creator's record! rekt ahahah
  • I rewired the game so that a single spawning object now spawns twice as fast, but now there’s only one spawner per level.

This eliminates the bug where 2 bosses spawned at the same time- also the new boss is in the game
  • @Mhx Aîr I figured you’d like this one. It’s a little different
  • So after finishing the prism boss, I realized that the difficulty of this thing makes the mothership boss look like child’s play.
  • edited July 2018
    I. E: MY GOD it’s hard to beat

Edit: I made a change to all of the bosses- you score points when you hit them. This makes tougher bosses more rewarding while also giving the player more reason to shoot at them.
  • edited July 2018
    The creator, who's been playing and updating the game for over a year, deems it hard to beat? I'm out XD
  • I’m planning a campeign