frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Starblast 3- update log

Comments

• I had done this because I didn't want to have to repeat updates between two separate versions, and I found that this solution was the best answer
  • The version code in the android app repeated itself at 3, so I tried a rebuild, and it failed
  • I kicked off a new build, I think I see the issue.
  • edited September 2017
    @grazer I'm out for tonight, but I'll check back tomorrow... noon? Um, not sure how to word I'd, but this'll work

Edit: Oh lol- posted at the same time. Anyway, I may or may not stay up. I've got school tomorrow so I have to be careful
  • @grazer how's the fix coming? Take your time though
  • The android crash should be fixed already - that's working, right? I haven't investigated the d-pad issue yet.
  • I don't know. Wish I had a device I could use ;-;
  • @latif3 your time to shine is here.

Unless you dont wanna- whatevs..

It's on google play. :P
  • edited September 2017
    @jngthree - if you don't have an Android device, you can try running it using "Arcwelder". That's a chrome app (for the chrome browser) that will let you run android apps inside chrome. I just tried it on SB3 and it worked fine: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/arc-welder/emfinbmielocnlhgmfkkmkngdoccbadn/related?utm_source=chrome-ntp-launcher
  • @grazer interesting. I'll look into it
  • It's working, it doesn't crash anymore :)

Those controls are really annoying though :( I should be able to slide my fingers over the buttons.
  • @latit3 it slowly stopped working. Dunno why
  • @latif3 anything to make mobile better other than the D-pads?
  • edited September 2017
    I will be replacing sprites with animated 3D model- sprites, with the help of blender

@grazer it would be cool to have a "3D Object editor" objects would operate normally with the X/Y axis, but they would have models that extend to a Z layer, but purely for aesthetics, instead of making FAUX 3D sprites. You can probably use .3DX files- I think that's what they're called
  • Starblast would work in 3D?

Would it be like a first-person shooter, and you see the red spaceship's "fangs" pointing out in front? And chasers just rocket after you in a box limited with an invisible wall that's being produced by a rainbow line across the border? And there would be those red UI things that notify when you get hit, and spaceships can pass over you and...
    I wish starblast had some teammates to help you out. Feels kinda sad defending all those enemies as a loner... Lol.
  • Starblast would work in 3D?

Would it be like a first-person shooter, and you see the red spaceship's "fangs" pointing out in front? And chasers just rocket after you in a box limited with an invisible wall that's being produced by a rainbow line across the border? And there would be those red UI things that notify when you get hit, and spaceships can pass over you and...
    I wish starblast had some teammates to help you out. Feels kinda sad defending all those enemies as a loner... Lol.
  • It would still be the same concept as it is now, but moving to the sides will make the camera face it, making the sides of it visible.

And I'm already working on a helper drone. ;)
  • I want to create an AI that decides what strategy you're doing, then decides what it will spawn in to beat it, so you will always have to change your fighting style.
  • Ohhhh...

That's a cool concept. Like 2.5D
  • Just realized, you took the Starcraft font for the title xD
  • edited September 2017
    Yeah, gonna change that soon

Edit: nevermind- too lazy, plus, it looks good
  • A powerup appears, then lightning followed by a satanist star, then a creepy eyeball.
    I wouldn't catch up on this flowlab behavior logic for years.

You've really stepped things up!
  • edited September 2017
    I was originally going to make it look like it was glitching out, but I liked the way it looked. Thanks.

Idk why but I like using pentagrams to represent negative things

As far as "stepping things up," that's my goal in flowlab. Create quality games, publish said games, innovate. Even though I've been an active member for a few years, I still have a long way to go. Yes, my more recent games throw my older ones out the window in terms of quality. But none seem to give that "cutting edge" (aside from SB2)

That's what I want with SB3.
  • The first boss in classic mode (the eye) I can beat with my eyes closed, unless there's a crap ton of active enemies.

The second boss (the star)- I actually have to think about before fighting.

Fighting the eye is harder in zones mode because you're only able to fight back if you're in the shooting zone, while fighting the star is miserable.

Fighting either is slightly harder than classic mode in sticky keys- because you can't stop moving.

There is a chance I'll disable boss enemies for all modes other than classic.

Another thing: boss fights will now have music!
  • Beat it with eyes closed? I'd have to practice hours.

The star I beat twice, I think one time it appeared before the eye though.
  • edited September 2017
    @Luminous700

You gotta set yourself up, collect the slower pace powerups (provided they won't get stuck by lightning- in which case, you're screwed) and more importantly- turn those bullets blue

Might wanna stock up on lives as well, but make sure they're not fakes
  • Hey @jngthree - I was trying to figure out why the mobile GUI/D-pad isn't working for you, but when I tested it everything seems to be working fine. The left side seems to move fine, and the right side seems to shoot in the correct direction. The center button turns on auto-fire.

Did you fix it, or do I need to test another way? I was testing Classic mode, and the tutorial.
  • edited September 2017
    I guess it fixed itself?

It might be random. I'll tell you if it happens again @grazer

Nope- still doing it. It has to do with dragging the mouse to a different of the Pad- it's weird
  • Is there some reliable way to trigger the problem? If you can tell me:

1) Exactly what and how you are clicking/dragging
    2) What you expect the (correct) behavior to be
    3) What the (wrong) behavior is

Then I can replicate the problem here, and I should be able to track down the root cause and get it sorted out.