frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Starblast 3- update log

Comments

• I just brought the gunner back, along with implementing the splitter
  • edited February 2018
    The gunners shoots similar to its previous incarnation, except it fires all of its shots at the same time in a random angle offset (up to 15 degrees)
  • 0774C85C-5BF3-4470-A510-1B0E7E492CCB

This was the original idea of what it would look like- I didn’t have the tools to sprite it out at the moment, but this is now what they currently look like in the game now
  • The atom has been remade, and now behaves much differently
  • Rebuilt the tutorial, and made the game detect a first-time player (people who haven’t played since this update) and automatically sets the gamemode to Tutorial.
  • Thats nice.
    I have to add that too because if new people click "continue"(instead of start) in Awakening it goes for an Infinity level
  • Yeah, you should make it to where if 0 is loaded it goes to 1 by default.
  • The tutorial it's better now but it haves a loooooooooooooooot of text at once...
    We can't read that much and play at the same time, also it overlays so...

But it's nice in general... Maybe a pause when text appears could solve that or maybe just less text at one
  • Make the text transparent?
  • That wouldnt solve the part of being a lot of text at the same time
  • Well that could work...

But not too smal...

OH! an idea. What about maybe arrows pointing or highlighted spots. (That would remove a bit of text refering to where is it and what colors is it bla bla bla)
  • I actually had that in mind already @PixelPizza!

There’s an object for it already, just gotta figure out how it would work
  • Just darkened the background. @grazer what do you think now that the game is beginning to resemble SB2 as far as graphical effects go?
  • edited March 2018
    I think it looks fantastic @CrimsonBlackGames - it looks better every time I play it :)
  • THANKS! (Unintended caps lock- dang phone)
  • @grazer is this featured-worthy? Or does it need a little more work behind it
  • edited March 2018
    Expanded the borders- bigger arena, with the addition of scrolling
  • Did a little touching up. Might clean the sprites a little.

Just gotta figure out what to do next other than cosmetic work
  • Working on a new mode although it uses unlicensed music. It involves lasers. Lots of them
  • Hint- It’s a mode that was in the original proof of concept
  • Alright- the 8th gamemode is here. Dodgemode pits you against an infinite amount of laser cannons, and gives you a starting amount off 16 lives. 5 points are awarded when a cannon spawns, and are also awarded at the destruction of a cannon.
  • It's nice but the laser cannons need a "warn laser" first and then they shoot.
  • They have a small charge animation, although it’s probably not very noticeable- I’ll see about this
  • Added credits

@grazer this is my approach on how to do a credits sequence
  • edited April 2018
    @Mhx Aîr so this dude makes music: professor kilq- and it’s really good. I used “Crystals” for dodge mode- attribution license 3.0 consider it
  • Any suggestions
  • I have done some housekeeping with the game, but I also have made a little GUI node- the repair prompt. When your ship gets low on health, it will appear, and when it gets dangerously low, it will strobe red. This serves as a reminder that you have the ability to repair the ship via pressing X (Aka Health refill)

I would post some screencaps of this in action, but the forums won’t let me upload
  • Planning to implement a major boss