Alpha Test Shifter Here
(For those of you that know I've been casually making tests for Shifter these last few years, get ready for actual work, now that I have a wacom laptop.)
Shifter is a beautiful mash up of Super Metroid, Contra, Super Smash Bros, Sonic, and many other inspirations, all in one massive game.
The sooner we get background messages, alpha, and animations, the more detail I can add.
If we get more layers, I can make beautiful futuristic sci-fi scenery.Changelog:
- EXTREME BEHAVIOR ORGANIZATION. Completely reorganized the logic system into categories, cleaned up the math system, and removed all bugs from the toggle equations.
- Expanded the game screen size from 16x10 to 24x14. This game is meant for PC and Console, so this screen size should fill most of a fullscreen at 175% zoom.
- Added Debug Mode. Now the characters will have toggle angle check, collision check, X and Y velocity meters, health meters, and nearest enemy proximity.
- Added Save System. Save System Debug mode will display the skeleton mapping and unlocked abilities (Until an abilities menu is added sometime next year.)
- Removed stick figure and old test room, and replaced with idle Mhx frame and new floating platform.
- Note - Stick figure logic is slowly being rebuilt into Mhx, organized and improved on. Test room will be divided into Platform Stage and Grid Room where you can test controls and battle new bosses I'm working on before they get released.
- Note - Debug mode code is D+X+7+Enter. You must press them all at the same exact time.
- Added better 8 directional aiming math
- Added temporary walking animation
- Added temporary placemarker for R1 on controller. Bind R1 to K
- Added speed modifier. Hold R1 to charge your speed, you will glow green. At 100%, you can run max speed from standing still. Think of this like a controlled spindash, without the release for momentum. Hold R1 while walking to run, at 100%, your speed will boost to max. I will eventually make max speed an add system, so you can boost infinitely in that direction, until you stop or hit something.
- Added walk aiming for left and right. You will glow green.
- Added run aiming for left and right. You will glow blue.
- Added R stick to the controller menu, it is mapped to 7890 up down left right
- Adjusted display so control layouts won't overlap and be unreadable
- You can now go to the logic tester screen by pressing A (U key)
- Added 8 directional aiming with R stick
- Added flip number system so 8 directional aiming is not mirrored when facing left
+Bonus: Having this will allow aiming and shooting behind you while running, jumping, and swimming. This will be one of the first games to ever have running and shooting behind you, using 2 toggle sticks. This will further allow me to create an intense atmosphere for enemies and boss battles that chase you through the area, which would benefit from being able to run away while shooting backwards, without the traditional dpad platformer shooter burden of having to stop and face towards the enemy to aim and shoot.
- Temporary jump with A for testing purposes
- Temporary idle animation for logic testing
- Walking disabled to test aiming accuracy
- Added two buttons to the controller. Click them to see what keys to map to that button.
- Left stick (arrows) will be movement, A (U) will be jump controls and "advance" on the menu screen.
- Controller screen effects
- Inverted changelog so updates show up first at the top
- Added game version in bottom left of controller screen
- Added ? information box
- Added controller image with neon electric effect
You will need a controller and JoyToKey to play Shifter
As I add new controls, the buttons will glow and show what key to map to which button