frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Rotating Sprites While Editing

I don't know if it's possible (Or already a thing I'm unaware of), but the possibility to rotate a sprite would save a lot of time, especially if I have to change the orientation and such.

Like if I was making a windmill (as an example), I'd make one blade, copy, rotate the sprite 90 degrees and paste so I have another. It's not really something I need, just something I'm sure everyone would find useful in some way. even if it was only able to change by 90-180-270, it's still pretty useful.
Tagged:

Comments

• I actually once thought about posting the same topic but decided I was too lazy for it. :)
    There's not too much use for it right now, but it would be pretty convenient.
  • I agree this would definitely be useful!
  • Why don't you make a one frame object and just rotate it instead of animating the rotation?
  • edited October 2017
    @Mhx Aîr

I'm not fully understanding what you're saying there.

Rotating a sprite while editing, and also Reflecting across the x and y axis, could start sprites facing a different way, or if you wanted to make something (for instance, a 2d platformer like Mario) face the opposite direction without having to manually do it.
  • You can't do it in flowlab. We have object flip and object rotation, but not for sprite editing. There are plenty of free online and downloadable editing programs for graphics.
  • edited October 2017
    @Mhx Aîr

Hence why I'm asking for that feature. I wouldn't be stating that if it was already an option available in Flowlab. If there was such feature, this whole thread is pointless, as is your statement regarding it. I thank you for your reply regardless.
  • Did you only want mirroring and 90° rotations or full 360° rotations?
  • @Mhx Aîr
    Mirroring (both horizontally and vertically) and 90* degree rotations. 360 wouldn't do anything except bring me right back where I started, haha.
  • I can’t imatine 360 being too helpful, because it would be really hard to get it on an exact degree. Anyway, I’d rather have a 45 degree turn... it would be more helpful.