frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

The Graveyard

Comments

• edited January 8
    The camera isn't working :(
  • I can't see that image
  • @Latif3 I can, and it's a video
  • Oh now I can see it.

I didn't even touch the behaviors so I don't know how this happened. I'm going to take a look.
  • Hey @Latif3 - it looks like the issue is the check to see if the player's y position is equal to 148 before turning on the camera. I'm not sure what that logic is supposed to do, so it's hard to determine what the issue is.
  • This game is really great. I especially enjoyed the background. I am so for making characters. It would make the game greater than it already is!
  • Planning on adding tons of stuff from other games and making it float in space in my game I added the grave from your game :D. http://flowlab.io/game/play/748666
  • Anyone else think saving needs some fixing on flowlab.io? you can edit saving in flowlab.io and it'll save anything.
  • I have requested hiding the editor button for other users tons of times, but @grazer isn't listening. This is one one of the most wanted features in flowlab.

@grazer When people make a game they almost never include the source code with it. Why is it "required" in flowlab? I mean, it really pisses me off when people cheat my game. It's okay if people look at my code to learn stuff, but editing it goes too far.
  • edited January 15
    I don't really care if people cheat using the editor. I mostly make games for satisfaction
  • @Latif3 I asked him for that but he made a “Hide from list”

But it’s only for subscribers
  • @Latif3 I think the editor is fine but I think saves should be disabled so they will not have any coins but when they refresh they have there coins back.
  • edited February 8
    @latif3 I may have solution to the problem where people use the save to get a ton of coins bones. Make the save save how many coins bones the player had 5 secounds ago will be subtracted by the amount you gain. If this amount is anymore than 1 the game will reset your progress. You can hide this somewhere the cheater won't think just to give the cheater a hard time trying to cheat.
  • edited February 8
    Time wasting, editing behaviors just shouldn't be possible. I won't update this game anymore because I feel it's not worth it, and tweaking the game play is annoying with flowlab.

Last update: Reduced prices of all characters.

If there are bugs I will fix them of course
  • edited March 23
    Okay, just a little update, but this is really the last one :tongue:

* Added a CrimsonBlackGames character!
    The red (crimson) color is barely visible lol

* Bombs now show their range before exploding with a yellow line on the ground
  • I honestly like how you put yourself in the game
  • your game is awesome !!
  • Gravedigging the graveyard. Lol
  • Hahaha
  • I'm thinking about removing lightning. It's easy to avoid, the warning sound is just annoying and it makes the game more messy.

Yes?
  • Depends
    Just remove the warning sound but create a marker instead
  • I like the lightning, but I think it should kill the skeletons too (the bombs should as well, I hate watching them survive the blast) :)
  • I think that's a good idea Grazer. It will make the game easier and it makes more sense.

Maybe I could only remove the warning sound then.
  • Just put a warning icon, but make sure it’s where it’s going to strike so it’s not luck
  • Wait that’s already there...
  • Awesome game! @Latif3 Liking the lightning, but yeah, have it blast everyone!
  • I think it isn't really easy to make lightning and bombs kill the skeletons because the bomb and explosion are one object together, same with lightning (warning and lightning). So it's hard to do collisions with that. I'm also afraid from breaking the game when I'm making them separate objects so it's not going to happen :(

Anyway, I'm trying to update The Graveyard as little as possible because I'm remaking it in godot engine. I updated it today and added some kind useless timer in the graves so you can see when the skeleton comes out. Also changed the controls for arrow keys, Z is space now (shoot) and X is shift (mega bullet). I guess that's better?
  • How do you make bomb and lightning kill the player if it can't use collision?