frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

The Graveyard

12346»

Comments

• It sucks because you are a good flowlab dev, which I honestly never expect from anyone, except you main forum users. 99% of Flowlab is default tile default bundle unfinished/barely started games. We could use a lot more good games. I've only seen maybe 10 talented users since 2013. I wish grazer would give you 2 free game slots or something. I'd love to see what else you come up with, because Flowlab really needs more showcase games on the front page. It would help grazer get more people to join if they see more good games.
  • @Mhx Aîr Omg thanks. :heart:

By the way, when my account got upgraded by a bug I created many games before grazer fixed it. So I already have kind of unlimited games. :smirk: Check out my profile: https://flowlab.io/users/profile/19350

If you really want to know why I want to use flowlab less, I will just tell you the whole story.

When I was young in primary school I wanted to create games without a programming language. I found flowlab when googling a bit. I created games and shared them with my friends. Then a few years later I went to secondary school. I wanted to become a developer so I learned how to program in c# and javascript. Now I'm trying to create a game with c# in godot engine. After all those years I don't like flowlab anymore. I have lost progress way too many times (just bugs I don't know how to reproduce), the possibilities are limited (you can't do everything with flowlab), and the thing I hate the most are the behaviors. I don't like connecting lines anymore, it looks so messy. Typing goes way faster and it's easier to find bugs or tweak the code.

I'm not saying that flowlab is bad or something. But as someone who has some programming experience I would rather choose for a good and much supported game engine than a game creator where you don't need any programming experience and have lots of limitations.

With limitations I don't mean something like max objects, levels and games for free users (it's still annoying though). I am talking about the possibilities you have in flowlab. Like you can't output strings (text) or arrays, set the label's text, making a hilly map without using lots of circles, making a car with rotating wheels and suspension, and the most important thing: making an online game.
    Flowlab!!!
  • edited June 29
    I know how you feel, but I'm the opposite.
    Spoiler to save some space.

Back in 2000, I made games with RPG Maker, I later got RPG Maker 2003, in 2006 I tried Scratch.mit.edu and hated it. I got a PSP, learned how to hack it, and joined a PSP Homebrew team. I was originally the music and artist, because I love making art and music since I was a kid. I had some of my art in a museum in Elementary school, and I played 6 instruments.

In highschool, it got harder to work with people, so I tried learning LUA and C++, even a bit of HTML and CSS for web design. I ended up hating coding. I didn't have the attention span because I would get irritated. I just wanted to make games, but better than RPG Maker.

I used to play LittleBigPlanet, and it had wire programming, so when I joined Flowlab in 2013, wired programming felt familiar, and tiles felt like RPG Maker. I no longer got irritated, and over the years, I've learned how to work around the bugs.

If you want to be a coder, I support your choice, because it's not for everyone. Some people are left brain, some people are right brain.
  • New Update!

* Lives: Instead of 1 life you have 3 lives now. You respawn when you die and you'll be invincible for 3 seconds.
    * Hold to jump: You can now hold the jump key to keep jumping when you hit the ground. Also fixed the double jump bug.
    * Three new characters: You might've already seen them: Zombie, Basketball player and dragon outfit.
    Flowlab!!!
  • Very cool update, glad you decided to add new stuff.