I wanted to update the Proximity behavior, and I know lots of people have had various issues with it so I figured I would ask for feedback before the next update. For one thing, I think the settings are confusing:
1) "Closest object only" means "search all objects within the proximity and only return the closest one".
2) "Only trigger once" means pretty much what it says, but....
3) With "only trigger once" disabled, it still only triggers once per frame (on the first object it finds), but it will continue to trigger after the delay setting.
I'm thinking of changing the settings so that we have this instead:
1) Output first object found (best performance)
2) Output closest object found (same logic as current "closest object only")
3) Output all objects in proximity
Plus the checkbox "Only Trigger Once"
"Output first object found" + "Only Trigger Once" would only fire once
"Output closest object found" + "Only Trigger Once" would only fire once
"Output all objects in proximity" + "Only Trigger Once" would fire for each in object in proximity, but only once and then not trigger again
Does this make sense? I am a bit afraid that the "Output all objects in proximity" + "Only Trigger Once" combination will still be confusing, since it technically fires more than once. Anyone have objections, or better suggestions?