frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Taking a break from Flowlab

edited January 27 in General
Spoiler for text wall.

Occasionally now and then, you will notice that I will go from posting all the time to a point that I post less and less. Usually I'm just way too busy, and all this month, people have been getting the flu, so I've been having to cover for like 4 people at work. At the same time, I'm trying to follow some of my New Year's Resolutions, and they are coming along pretty nicely this month. I broke some plateaus at the gym, and now I'm way stronger than anyone my age or size should be able to be, and I'm also trying to learn Japanese. I've always wanted to move to Japan, and I told myself that I would try to learn a new language before I'm 24, which is coming up soon, unfortunately, so I decided to start last week. In one week, I apparently learned about 50 words or so, according to this program, but since I don't have anybody to speak to in Japanese, it's very difficult to speak the words back, but I can easily hear words and understand them. Oh, by the way, if anybody was wondering what that 餸 means in the top right corner of flowlab, it's been bothering me a couple years as well, and I still have no idea. It doesn't seem to be Japanese, and if it is Chinese, I have no idea how to translate it, because I tried to translate it in Japanese and it came up sort of like punctuation, (the radical on the right is function), but in Chinese it came up sort of like song. I'm not really good at kanji, I never have been, I'm hoping to at least to learn the main 2,000 kanji for Japanese, so I can read easier, but for now, I'm only interested in the speaking part of the language.

That being said, I just wanted to give you guys a heads-up that I might not be very active if active at all for maybe a month, especially because I hate February and Valentine's Day. I wasn't making any progress on that game app I was doing, I made some graphics, and I wrote a bit of storyboard, and some ideas down, but I never really got deep into making it, because I lost focus, and just didn't have enough time in the day to really get anything done, between work, sleep, food, gym, Japanese lessons, cleaning, tasks, social life, and other adult stuff. 24 hours in a day is not very long.

Anyway, I should be back sometime in March. I just didn't want to leave you guys hanging, thinking I just disappeared out of nowhere. Sometimes I really wish I could just work from home, so I can get a lot more done. At the same time, if I move to Japan, you could make minimum wage and only work 30 hours a week, and still afford to live on your own and do pretty well. In the United States, I'm lucky to be able to live on my own working 55+ hours a week between two jobs. Otherwise, you need to rely on roommates that you don't like or really trust.

I still might occasionally read some topics on here maybe once or twice a week, if I have any time, but I likely won't be too active at all. Hope you guys understand. See you all in a month or so.

Tl;dr Been way too busy irl, be back in March.

Comments