frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

New update - added more render order layers

edited March 13 in Announcements
You guys have asked lots of times for more than 3 layers for sorting, so I added more. How many more?

6 more? no.

10 more? no.

I added infinite render order layers, the render order input is now a number stepper. You're welcome, go crazy.

Comments

• @grazer found a bug- if you change a level, run the game, and then try to open the editor, the game doesnt run
  • I first noticed it while working on SB3 (ready to be nominated for featured btw) and SB:NWR
  • fixed, thanks for reporting
  • Also, a parent’s mouseclick doesn’t work in its children
  • OH. MY. GOD
    Is this real life?

Wowowoow awesome
  • RN i wish that @Mhx Aîr was here to celebrate too ahah
  • He would absolutely love this
  • @grazer it seems a parent’s mouseclick doesn’t work in its children. Mouseclick might not be working in general- or new ones, anyway
  • Whoa, that is awesome!!
    This'll help greatly if I decide to continue my games here.

Great update :D
  • Bad news - I had to remove infinite layers. Turns out, if you add a billion layers it makes your game crash. Layers limit is now 1000, which still seems like enough.
  • That’s... actually ok. I don’t see a problem with it!
  • The hype continues UHH
  • edited March 5
    @grazer I suggest 500 being the max but -500 being the minimum- that way I can still have all those layers without having to change all of the objects in my game one by one if I want something behind them
  • As I was messing with it the sound behavior, I noticed the music plays immediately, but when the music is triggered in game- it gets delayed. Somethings not right @grazer.

If the level changes before the song starts it never stops unless the level is entered and exited again.
  • I'll check out the music issue you described - thanks.
  • Did you see my suggestion above it?
  • Yeah I get that music bug very often.

Before the music is loaded I open the editor. When it's done loading it will play in the editor.

All sounds/music should be loaded before the game/level starts. The delay is really annoying.
  • @Latif3 the interesting thing is that when you click the behavior with the music in it, it plays the music immediately
  • @grazer did you ever see the -500,500 suggestion I made earlier?
  • Hey @CrimsonBlackGames - I did see that suggestion, but if I make that change it's going to have to wait until I make the next major renderer update. Your suggestion is a bit more complicated than it sounds because of the way things are organized right now.
  • i don't use flowlab that much but its an okay website :+1:
  • edited March 7
    i am planing to use flowlab sometime when i can
  • i can't wait!!
  • You’ll like it.
  • edited March 28
    Checking in, sorry I'm late, all 3 managers at my job quit, and several other employees as well, the store got sold to a new owner with a new manager, so I've been working 10+ hour closing shifts 6 days a week all month. That out of the way, this is extremely big news. I was just playing Super Metroid and thinking how badly I wanted more stuff scrolling in the background. Is this background? Game? GUI? I did need a way to make a minimap. I have some looking into to do this weekend. I requested it off for my birthday. I deserve it for all this overtime...

Amazing news seeing all these updates while I was gone, and new members too.

(Do these layers have animations yet? I can't check til Saturday, because I open today at 10, so I need to sleep asap... Very excited about the priority update as well.)
  • @Mhx Aîr those layers are "Game world" Layers

Before there were 3... now there are a lot.
    So you can animate and everything else. ALL BEHAVIOURS IN
  • Ah, well then that still doesn't do anything for me. I need wind blowing trees going past water flowing past hills going past mountains going past clouds in the background, one foreground layer for various terrain, and I need more GUI layers for textbox effects and menu stacking.
  • edited March 28
    Still a good update, I'm sure I can use a couple more game layers for something. Maybe I can use plants on layer 1, 3 and 5, characters on 2, and ground on 4, so I can place plants in front or behind. I'm not sure, never considered extra game layers.