What is FLOWJAM:
Flowjam is a competition between the Flowlab community to create games in a limited time and with a defined theme at the beginning of the competition.
It aims to bring together all producers, have fun and eventually improve the capabilities of each of the participants.How it works:
The competition is held every other week. At the end of each week the games of each participant will be delivered to the jury and eventually evaluated. After that will be announced the 3 winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd place) and will be playable and accessible to all.
The jury is Grazer for obvious reasons (I think) (after his confirmation) @grazer
The games will be evaluated in 3 aspects each with the same importance (33%):
- ART: consists of the game being appealing, beautiful, originality of art style, color palette, etc.
- GAMEPLAY: It is that the game is addictive, easy to play, fun, etc.
- FLOW: It consists of whether the game is complex (quantity and complexity of flows within the game)The theme:
The competition theme is randomly generated by the participants' votes before it starts.
The votes will have to be themes, objects or places and not game genres.
Examples of acceptable votes: Mines, Arena, Futuristic, Time Travel, Swords, Ghosts, Bots, Steampunk
Examples of unacceptable votes: Arcade, Exploration, Tycoon, ActionRules:
- NO racism or any other offensive games or words
- DO NOT spam registrations
- It is NOT necessary to purchase to enter or win.
- NO outside resources (sprites or songs that are not made by you or NOT copyright-free)
- NO Flowlab premade sprites (C'mon I know you can do it by yourself)To participate:
In order to participate in the competition you have to fill out a simple form:https://goo.gl/forms/3wbD5rlrll6nsiwk1
By option you can enter the discord server to chat or for more information:https://discord.gg/jEMXp7w
We will announce when the contest will start