frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

FLOWJAM #3 - Entries are open! Rules discussion.

edited June 22 in General
As asked these are the new rules for FLOWJAM:
1. Now the deadline is longer. It will take 2 weeks to be over.
2. Flowjam will only happen once per month. or once per two months. people have life ahah

Please tell me what you think and let's discuss the rules so everyone agrees and participate :)

FLOWJAM #3
THEME ENTRIES ARE OPEN! FILL YOUR USERNAME AND YOUR THEME HERE:
https://goo.gl/forms/FwjZbJwBnbV0ZZ303

Flowjam will have his start at 1st June and the deadline still has to be decided.

Comments

• edited May 26
    If it starts June 1st, that's a Friday, so 2 weeks after that would be the 15th, but we can drag it to end Sunday night on the 17th, in case people need that extra 2 weekend days to finish.

That sounds like a reasonable deadline.
  • @Mhx Aîr Yeah I agree, that would be really nice.
  • Oh here, I'll announce this for you so more people see it.
  • theme entries?
  • @edgelordkage
    You click on the link and add a type of game genres or theme like for example space shooter, or space, platformer or dungeon, retro arcade, or even sport. Doesn't really matter what you put, because it needs to win the voting poll. Whatever theme gets the most votes, it's up to people that decide to join the competition to make a game based on that type of theme.
  • It's not the theme that has more votes... It gets decided randomly.

If anyone wants to check a more in deep about flowjam: http://forum.flowlab.io/discussion/5882/flowjam-results-posted/p1
    (if you are new just give it a glance so you don't break a rule)
  • You can vote on something that has already been voted to increase its chances, but there’s always a small chance a minority can get selected
  • oh ok thx
  • Guys submit THEMES not Genres please
  • Why didn't you just make choices or something
  • what do u mean?
  • Voting for already made themes?
  • Random selection of theme and genre...
    So there’s a chance we vote on genre or a chance we vote on theme... keeps people on their toes
  • If themes and genre would be picked all the games would be very similar
  • No, theme OR genre. Not both
  • Which one we do is 50:50 though
  • edited May 27
    I really don't mind if both go up, because only one vote will win. Adds variety to chance. When I say I don't mind if both go up, I don't mean people can vote for both things, I mean you can either vote for a genre, or you can vote for a theme. This prevents people from already starting their game. They have no idea if it would be a platformer or shooter, they have no idea if it will be themed.
  • i just submitted
  • What do I do with the current votes? Pick one randomly even if they are game themes or genres?
    Next time I will do a Pool instead of votes. Easier and prevent this.

And you guys agree to this contest finish at 17th July right?
  • Whether it's a genre or a theme, it doesn't matter. Only one can win.
  • Tomorrow is the last day to submit your theme or genre!
  • edited June 1

AND THE THEME FOR THIS FLOWJAM IS

SUPER HEROES

Hulk, SMASH!
    THE 3rd EDITION OF FLOWJAM STARTED! You can now start building your game within this theme.
    A reminder: The games will be base-evaluated in 3 main things ART, GAMEPLAY and FLOW.
    Send the link to your game to here in the day 17/ month 06/ 2018
    Have fun and Good luck!
    flowjam3
    Everyone can still enter and make the game within the theme and send in a week.

Talk about your game, Discuss ideas, ask questions.

C7F7ULRJBZXL
  • IMPORTANT

Be aware that using copyrighted characters prevents you from putting your game on the app store. You also may earn more points for originality.
  • oh dang this is cool. i have a cool idea with what to do with this! Time to push the free account membership to its limits!
  • If we combine all themes together: Space, building and super heroes. We get fortnite.

Here's why:
    Space: Theme of season 3
    Building: A very important part of the game play
    Super heroes: Curren't season's theme (season 4)

Good job Pizza.
  • Annnnnnd that makes 3 of these things that I miss... crap
  • Oh were in to Fortnite now here's a terrible fortnite game i'll never update.https://flowlab.io/game/play/886506
  • http://flowlab.io/game/view/838269 Got my game. I know its early, I could not get my shop to work so it's pretty bad. I probably won't win.
  • 3 days left to the deadline
    Let's go everyone!

Post it here in day 17, Sunday
  • POST THE LINK TODAY before midnight!

Goodluck everyone, I am not participating this one btw