frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Ducking?

Okay, I need help with the fact that I can't seem to figure out how to make my character duck in FoodWars, as even though at the moment it serves no purpose, it's still nice to have. I saw an old article on how to do this, but I couldn't quite understand, as last time I messed with the size of my character, it didn't quite work, as I had to remodel it completely... Please help.

Comments

• As far as I'm aware, you can't. Your character image is the size, and animations don't change the hitbox. There is no current way to change the hitbox.
  • Okay, but since there's no like real use for it right now, can you just tell me how to make the character stay in the position??????
  • Ducking is just an animation that plays when you hold down. I don't know what you're asking.
  • Perhaps when you hit the down button, you could make the character emits a different object that appears like the character is ducking and is unaffected if it is hit. When the button is released, the ducking object can emit the character and destroy itself. Otherwise, I do not know any other means by avoiding hits.
  • That's smart! But I honestly feel stupid. I had the keyboard button on repeating mode, which meant that it would keep repeating the signal. I just needed to turn it off. But that's a really good idea! I can do a cloning thing with that technique! Thanks guys!!!
  • edited September 25
    or just try connecting a down key block to your ducking animation block, and set the priority to 4.
    that should cause the ducking animation to play when you press the down arrow key.