frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Star Fox 2D Devlog and Discussion

edited July 28 in Play My Game
Hello everyone! My name is Wesley, and I've decided to start creating games in Flowlab! This forum is going to serve as my devlog and area for anyone to make comments about my game and provide feedback! Anyways, my game is currently very incomplete, so please be aware that you may start playing my game in the middle of me making it, so it may seem more incomplete than it already is, funny enough. It is also worthy to note two other things: one, I am limited to the free version of Flowlab, as I am only 15 years old :P, and two that this is my first game I'm creating. I am also creating this game from scratch, so please feel free to comment on sprites, animation, or anything of the sort. Suggestions are also appreciated! So, here is the current state of the game, and my first devlog post!

The Arwing can move left and right, shoot lasers, and even charge the laser, which explodes on impact of an enemy or object.

There is one enemy for now, and it is called a Warwing. This enemy is my test enemy for now.

There are three pause buttons, I know, but don't worry about that. It might even be fixed before you read this.

The Warwing points at the player and continually fires lasers at the Arwing. At a certain Y value, it stops shooting, turns forward, and slows to a stop. It then becomes unhittable and takes off.

Nothing can be damaged yet. Not the Arwing, and not the Warwing. Charged shots hit for now, but your lasers and the Warwing's lasers don't yet.

You can collect laser upgrades, and they work! None gives you the laser, one gives you twins, and two or more tops you off with hyper lasers. This also translates to the charged shot. Spacebar fires, by the way.

Anyways, this is my first devlog, so please enjoy the game and give me feedback! And remember, this game is still VERY incomplete.

Toodles!

-WesloBesto

https://flowlab.io/game/view/860523

Comments

• It's a solid start, with noticeable potential to become a good game. Nice work!
  • edited July 28
    Thank you Luminous! I’m glad you think it has potential! I like to have attention to detail in things like this!
  • Interesting, the sprites are nicely designed, the gameplay is good, it seems to have a great start. Keep up the good work!
  • You aught to make it close to starfox but not too close- Nintendo has a reputation of suing fans, over 30k fan games were taken down by them last year
  • @Cap. Red Crab

Thank you! I’ve put some work into it.

@CrimsonBlackGames

I wouldn’t worry too much. I’m not using any assets actually from them, and there are plenty of Mario games on here. Also, I’m gonna be added not only some of the enemies from Star Fox, but some of my own enemies.
  • @WesloBesto alright. Just want you to be careful.
  • @CrimsonBlackGames no worries. Thanks man.
  • Thanks for the warning CrimsonBlackGames. I too have a Nintendo game!
  • @CrimsonBlackGames You have to remember that this is quite a small website. As long as we're not profiting of it, for the most part any users that have created a Nintendo-related game should be fine.
  • @WelsoBesto Also, I'd like to note that this looks fantastic! It has a lot of potentional. Keep up the good work!
  • It's not just the assets that matter, they also own the name, characters, etc.
  • Yeah, I mean, names can be used but they can’t be too close. There’s multiple characters across different IPs with the name “Mario”