frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

How do I make a moving platform?

I want the platform to move left, then when it hits a wall it changes direction and another version that moves up and when it hits a wall it moves down. How do I make both of these things? I have before, but when the player stands on one it moves down a little bit and the player slips off.

Comments

• Help > Helpful examples> Moving platform
  • I'm not sure how the one in the help section works, but I made one for industrial jungle that uses raycast so it doesn't crush the player or clip through the ground. If the help section one isn't what you're looking for, go check out mine.
  • @Latif3 @Mhx Aîr thanks for the help.
  • I used the "Position Tool" and move the platforms without them being "movable" this way your platforms won't get dragged down by the player =3
    Example.
    (Timer,key,Ect.)-> (number(how many pixels) -> (position/+x or +y (by pixel)
  • @NoobOver9000TheSecond this topic is irrelevant, but thanks for putting that there.

However please refrain from posting on old posts like this.
  • @CrimsonBlackGames To be fair, the topic isn't even a week old, so it was more of a delayed response.
  • He already got help so what's the point of a late comment
  • Possibly a different solution. There's always different ways to do the same thing, some are better, some are faster, some are easier.