frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Better NPCs?

I'm adding the first NPC to my game, but it's not really smart. Yes, it knows how to use a gun, a vending machine, can change the channel on the radio, and has unique dialogue. But, it can be better. When the NPC gets hit by a bullet, it always goes to the player in violence simply because that's the most likely thing to shoot them. BUT, what if he gets shot by say, MR. HOUSE, or steps on a mine? Basically, I want the NPC to attack whatever attacked it instead of immediately assuming you did it...
If you guys feel like that's too easy and I'm just stupid, (which I am so I wouldn't be surprised) then I have a more challenging problem.
Is there a way to give the NPC 100 percent unique in it's dialogue? Like I can give it canvases, so say;
(Sentence starters:
Hey,
Hi,
Hey, stranger,

Sentence enders:
how ya' doing?
Why are you here?
)
Basically, I want it to have a random text generator from the quotes I give it...
Is either of these possible?

Comments

• U would have to make a different NPC for each different dialogue
  • I can't do that....
    I play on the free version, so I have limited sprites, and just for the dialogue, it would take up the rest of my sprites...
    But thanks!
    Is there a way to do it with randoms and alerts?
  • There is an easy way to do this. First, copy, for example bullet, so your player shoots one kind and Mr. Mouse shoots another. For the dialogue, do a Randomized block connected to filters. If the Randomizer lands on 1, he says hi. If 2, Hey, ect.
  • The friend wizard in This Game