frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Bored Reviews (CLOSED until further notice)

Comments

• @rcreger

Yes that is starry night (and a few references to other games)

And I cant edit it because I submitted in into a competition(TSA) and it's already past the due date and it's against the rules to edit it. Oh, and this is only my second game where I was very new to flowlab. (I like how i'm tying this in the flowlab forms and it marks Flowlab as wrong, lol)
  • Yeah, I spell it FlowLab, mainly because I think it looks cooler :lol:
  • DRIVE is now complete!
    This will be the final version with the Flowlab free edition,
    so one more review would be great before I get Indie.
    DRIVE: http://www.flowlab.io/game/play/938307
  • Wait, before I review @JR 01 , I have to say that it skips the menu. Maybe check the level order, because it does not start with the menu. Thanks!
  • @rcreger
    It may be the save order, this may be because the game was closed or edited on the loading screen.
    If it repeats every time, I may change the save order.

Holding "Shift" then pressing "R" should reset the game properly.
  • Okay, thanks @JR 01 ! I will start reviewing once the other review(s) are out.
  • edited March 2019
    I do not remember the first review I gave this @Polarbeer2019 , and I don't think it would be easy to go back and find it, so this will be a clean slate for this game, but still a re-review. Here is what I had thought:

(Re-reviews consist of 5 comments)
    1) You have definitely made this bigger! But I am a bit confused as of where I am supposed to go. Try to find a way to let the game help the player find their way.
    2) Could you add a menu to this? It would make it feel a lot better.
    3) It looks like you have taken things from several different games on FlowLab, which is good when you learn stuff from coding, but using some of the same art, like for the character, doesn't really fit. I like, however, that you took the thing from CUBED lite by @Greggo , where pressing space changes the skin, but maybe make it more original?
    4) Some of the obstacles don't make sense, like the divot where there a many spikes, as it is easily avoidable. Maybe take away some spikes and put a coin there, so it is there for a reason.
    5) I like how it is like a puzzle, trying to find a way to free the lever and use the lever to do more stuff. That is pretty nice in your game.

Like I said, all I remember is that I reviewed this game before, and probably judged some of the art, probably saying to make more original art :lol: But this gave it more room for me to review, though I feel possibly that some of the things weren't fixed, as I had found you can still infinitely jump. You probably should fix that. Just try to find some of my games, it should show some proper jump mechanics.

(Ratings out of 10) Like I said, I do not remember the last score, but I feel this deserves as 6.5/10 or 7/10. I do not know if that is lower or higher, but I feel that is the score. Once you fix some stuff, it should start to get up to possibly a 8/10, so keep on working! Good luck!
  • edited March 2019
    Thanks for letting me re-review this one again @JR 01 ! It just keeps on getting better! This has gotten Game of the Week already, so this is no longer enabled to receive one this week. Here is what I had thought:

(Re-reviews consist of 5 comments)
    1) Not much has changed in the menu, but I quickly directed my attention to that you show the amount of points you have. Thanks for adding that!
    2) Speaking of the points, they just add up. Are they supposed to show the total amount of points you have throughout all of your runs?
    3) I just can not get used to that credits scene.. It looks so good!
    4) Great work on the new skins! And it makes the Zombie Surfer and the Starblaster (If that is what they are called @todorrobot and @CrimsonBlackGames ) look special being that it has color. Nice job!
    5) The loading screens don't seem as annoying. Maybe it is just me :lol:

It may not seem like much more has been added, but I know a great deal of work has been put into these updates, and I do have to congratulate you for your achievements with this game! I have no idea why this is not on the front page yet ( @grazer )!

(Ratings out of 10) This is practically nearly finished, so, JR 01, be proud to wear the crown of the first ever 10/10 given by me in my review! You have been building up work, and still more work is coming when you finally get Indie! Great work, bravo! You know you had done something right when you get a 10/10, and you have done something perfect! Keep on adding, and good luck!
  • edited March 2019
    Another awesome perfect score, thanks @rcreger.
    The points do keep adding up, but those points can be used to buy characters in the shop.
    I may find another use of the points later ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Thanks for the encouraging review! :smile:
  • I nicknamed the ship “Starfury”
  • You're are welcome @JR 01 ! It was definitely worth my time!

Thanks for letting me know @CrimsonBlackGames ! That sounds a lot better than what I came up with :lol: To let you know, your game came close to a 10/10, but not there yet (9.5/10), only because what I do is that I raise the rating only up to a 9.5/10 when you fix the negatives/problems, but if you go above and beyond, you get an easy 10/10. Honestly, you probably have one now!
  • edited March 2019
    I need more! (For Game of the Week)

Keep on sending, guys! I need more for the Game of the Week, and @JR 01 's does not count since he already has one! So far I have only got:

1) @Bigship1 's Pac-Man
    2) @ToastMaster64 's The Thief At The Museum
    3) @Polarbeer2019 's Ghost Dash

And that is it so far this week. Those are in order of which I reviewed, so number one does not mean that that is on the top of Game of the Week... But it could!

Keep on sending, and have a great day!
  • Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow !
  • You reviewed all my good games lol
  • https://flowlab.io/game/play/1139530 i also have a terrible youtube channel called memes for your mom
  • What are you "ow"ing about @Polarbeer2019 ?

You have made a LOT of games then, @meburningslime :lol:

Thanks for sending this game @lolpinkshep ! I really appreciate it! I will get to it soon, so you shouldn't have to wait too long! All of you have a great day!
  • I'm "ow"ing because you said the numbers could mean the order of the game of the week and the 3rd is mine.
  • Hey @rcreger how about this:
    You can review any of my games, but be aware most of them are outdated! :wink:
  • Oh, well, it really is not the order of rating @Polarbeer2019 , but your's was the third to be reviewed.

And @meburningslime , that might not be a good idea, as the ratings will probably not be able to top any of the Game of the Weeks (No offense, but you yourself said they were outdated). But thanks for the suggestion! You can send at your own risk, as the review most likely will be low, unless you update them.
  • @rcreger how do i watch (or listen if its a podcast) to the review? im a little new to flowlab and everything
  • Oh, mine does not have a video or sound thing. I'm not sure any has advanced that far yet. You don't have to worry about that for mine @lolpinkshep . Hope this helps!
  • edited March 2019
    @rcreger please not its a work in progress and i'm trying to add new stuff every day
  • I will, thanks @lolpinkshep !
  • Crigence has
  • Well, I can't do that as my laptop is not good at recording. Sorry.
  • I dont think anybody thinks less of you because of that.

@ToastMaster64 does videos pretty well! :lol:
  • Now I've finally got to reviewing your game @lolpinkshep ! Thanks for sending another, this was actually fun to play! Here is what I had thought:

1) Very nice menu screen! But maybe tell the player to click enter to start, as I had to go into the editor to find out. But the transition for when you click enter is great!
    2) The running animation is hilarious :lol: ! I wouldn't mind if that stayed! Maybe add some of your own design into some of the characters, though.
    3) Most of the artwork is default, but I really like your background objects and the parallax! It looks really good! Nice work!
    4) Maybe tell the player that you can jump on top of the enemies, maybe a mini-tutorial that is in the game to help the player out.
    5) I really like the different obstacles you put in and how they vary in style! But maybe more of a variety of objects that do different things, maybe more enemies?
    6) Good job as of extending the distance when having to jump on the slime block, and makes the object feel more relevant! Really great job with the variety!
    7) The Bonus and End is a bit strange, as why do you need the coins? Maybe add a shop so you can use the coins.
    8) Maybe a bit more things to collect, maybe give the character health, or a power up, to make it a bit more interesting.
    9) The music could be a bit better, as it can get a bit annoying, but it also shows that the game could be fast paced and energetic, reflecting the actions of the quick animation.
    10) I think the puzzle for the Bonus is really clever, as you have to try and find your way out through memory of where everything is. Very smart!

As you have said, this is a work in progress, but this is not a bad start. Actually, it is a great start! You should consider trying to complete some of my suggestions, and ask more people to review your game to get more suggestions and opinions on your game so you can get more ground and an idea for it. You have some really smart parts in the game, requiring the player to have to use their brain. Very nice job!

(Ratings out of 10) I'll give this a decent 6.5/10, more of a 7/10 for the rating for this game. Yeah, it is a work in progress, but that is not bad for a score. At least you told me it was a work in progress, as now I could see how great this is for a start of a game. Great work, and good luck!
  • I haven't seen any of @ToastMaster64 's videos yet, but that makes his review special, and unique. That is actually a good quality! I can't do it though :lol:
  • edited March 2019
    @rcreger i had my own oc for a bit but i couldn't get the animation right. You completely missed the secret animation. I dont think i can make a shop because i used all 5 of the free levels and i'm thinking of redoing most of the sprites to reflect an 8-bit art style but i'm gonna try to work on everything you said thanks!
  • You are certainly welcome @lolpinkshep ! Good luck!