frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Sublime Slime!

edited February 27 in Reviews
I want to review some games, as I see that's basically the latest fad here in the flowniverse, so I will be jundging off of three categories:
Art&Sound 1-10
Controls 1-10
Difficulty 1-10
Difficulty will be based upon how hard YOU wanted your game to be, so please let me know when you post a game!
thanks!

UPDATE:
Now I will add a point to your score for a storyline!

In the words of... Me, "There is no such thing as unbiased".

Comments

• edited February 15
    Take a look at this!
    http://www.flowlab.io/game/play/1088706
    The game is intended to be hard as fk.
  • Great Game!
    Reminds me of D&D somewhat, although a little more HP or just a checkpoint would help. I know it's supposed to be SUPER hard, but frustrating is not something a game should have.
    Art & Sound- 6/10
    Controls- 10/10
    Difficulty- 7/10
    TOTAL: 7/10
    Great game! controls are so easy I didn't even have to think on them. You did use Tutorial images sometimes, but definetley has potential. Love how you incorporated original art!
  • @meburningslime it is D&D inspired, out current campaign actually.

What's the final boss?
  • I didn't get that far. like I said, checkpoints.
  • A good multiplayer function would beawesome, but not necessary.
  • @meburningslime How dare you review a game without finishing it?
    I have serious doubts you even passed the first boss.
    It's a free account so no Multiplayer.
    Checkpoints are for noobs, In D&D when you die, you die.
  • edited February 15
    Would you rather me nevrr review your game? You said yourself it's too hard to finish. Also, in D&D you can make a new character.
  • edited February 15
    I do apologise, though. I will try to finish the game and if you want, re-review it.
  • @meburningslime

Hey, check the bottom of my website! You may see something you like!

https://crigenceoffical.wixsite.com/crigencecritique
  • Here's my game, I got it reviewed a few times already, but I could use some further advice.

http://www.flowlab.io/game/play/1052738 (Only One Way)
  • Thanks! I will try to review ot today!
  • Oh and @Daniel Folston you can ask @rcreger and @crigence if they ever finish games... THEY DONT
  • @meburningslime someone's salty. To each it's own I say, To me you should be able to finish a game before reviewing it. I do at least.
  • You are calling me salty.
    'How dare you...'
    I think I can feel salty about that.
  • Well, @Daniel Folston and @meburningslime , I sort of finished it. I basically kinda moved he character around to test out certain areas, but yeah, I did beat the boss (The first one, mind you). But honestly @Daniel Folston , a lot of us, @Crigence , me, and @meburningslime most likely don't finish the game, as we are also busy with other stuff as well.

However, at least for me, I try to look around in the editor to understand puzzles and some animations, along with some of the coding if there is a glitch.
  • Oh, and get on with @SomeGuy542 's "Only One Way", @meburningslime ! I liked that one a lot!
  • @SomeGuy542 this is one of the largest games Iv'e seen on flowlab! I wanna build one now!
    Definetly keep up the good graphics -- although the player could use some work.
    Could you add some animations?
    Great overall gameplay!
    Is this original music? I love it regardless!
    PLEASE add some sort of health pack.
    Art&Sound 8/10
    Controls 9/10
    Difficulty 7/10
    TOTAL: 8/10
    Great game! couldn't praise this enough! Good job.
  • Told ya' @meburningslime . I loved what @SomeGuy542 came up with that game.I actually gave it an 8.5/10 for it, so we aren't so far apart with agreeing with that.
  • Well, I would, but if I do decimals, it would be like:
    ...You get the point.
  • I don't put specific scores for each of the categories you have. I just look through the notes I took and decide what score it leans closer to @meburningslime .
  • Hey @meburningslime , how'd you like to review some of my games? Here is my older one, A Little Evil: flowlab.io/game/play/1034205 .

Then, of course, A Boy in Armor: flowlab.io/game/play/1095375 . Thanks!
  • @nkbulider this was... interesting...
    I LOVE the gameplay! but the storyline might need some...work.
    Art&Sound- 7/10
    Controls- 8/10
    Difficulty- 9/10
    TOTAL: 8/10
    I know I might be biased for hatinh horror, but still, it's flowlab! Definetly made me jump!
    Good graphics... I think.
    Might want to originate some music or ask @Eric_Matyas for something.
    The controls were a little hard, for the player kept sliding or running too fast.
    Overall a great game! Would give 10/10 for art except the music is just flowlab.
  • Ok. As I said in the description, please tell me how hard the game should be. This one was frickin hard!
    Art&Sound- 8/10
    Controls- 9/10
    Difficulty- 10/10
    TOTAL- 9/10
    Once again, I might be the most biased person in the whoniverse, but the game is overall fun. Maybe tell the players that the blue floaty thingies are one-shot kill?
    I don't know why, but I was expecting a boss battle. Maybe add that in?
    Difficulty is 10/10 because I'll assume you wanted that game to be that hard... and you did it!
    PS Love the graphics! :)
  • edited February 21
    I wanna cry!!!!
    Art&Sound- 9/10
    Controls- 10/10
    Difficulty- 9/10
    TOTAL- 9/10
    There is only storyline, and WHY IS IT SO SAD!!!??? I know that's the game, but why not end it with a dash of happiness? this is soo SAAAAAAD!!!!!
    Oh, and why not add battles or something?
  • edited February 20
    I am actually thinking about adding some battle sort of battle sequence @meburningslime , it is just that I don't want the player to accidentally win :lol: But you can actually attack things, they just won't do anything to you. This is very story driven, so that is why there really isn't any difficulty (Only difficulty is to try not crying :lol: ).

And I was going for a very artistic feel, so you have to also look at that, since that is what I really wanted. I wanted to bring out the arts, changing music and some art throughout (I have a book on game storytelling, and one way if through the environment). But thank you for the review! I have been working on this for a while, and I did forget to tell you this game is meant to have no exact difficulty, much more like a TellTale game where you make decisions (Which you can't do in FlowLab, sadly). Thanks again!

EDIT: You may want to put an @ with someone's username so they can see this, since I didn't before. And maybe more description for the scores? Thanks!
  • Oh wow! I didn't even notice you did one on A Little Evil either. Thanks for that one (Honestly, it isn't hard to me)! I first that one to establish my ground, and get used to FlowLab, A Boy in Armor is supposed to be something FlowLab hasn't had before. Thanks @meburningslime !
  • edited February 20
    @rcreger You are welcome. By the way, a Boy in Armor is sad, but a choose-your-own-adventure would be great! I didn't realize the game wasn't finished, either. Good luck!
    PS Oh, and you CAN make a choose your own adventure.
    PSS I'm probably just really horrible at parkourish stuff.
    PSSS Why am I still writing PSs?