frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

How do you make a title screen?

edited December 2014 in General
Help I need to make a title screen but can't!

Comments

• It's simple, really. Make a texture or multiple that cover the entire screen, or insert an image that exact size. Now you probably want to have a play button, say on the bottom right. In the play button's behaviors, add this:
    Mouse click (down) - Next level
    you can a sound or animation, but that's pretty much it
  • When I do this, it works, but when i play the game it automatically goes to the next level. How do I fix this? Game link: http://flowlab.io/game/play/260053
  • what do you mean by texture?
  • alright u can make this ten times easier by just making a new level then having a play button which when u click it will take u to the actual game
  • That's kind of what im doing right now, but for the music at the title screen, for some reason instead of my title screen music it is playing level 1 music!! And for some reason it is playing 10 times louder! \(~o~)/
  • Make sure it's just one obj instead of 10. And in the sound menu there's a volume slider
  • edited October 2
    you want some help for making a title screen? well, you have come to the right place.
    here is what you will need to do:

first off, make a level with your game's logo, and instructions to start your game

then, program it to take the player the actual game when you press a certain key with this code

that should cause the title screen to take you to the actual game when you press that key
  • @Mariofan2840 this post was from 3 years ago, it’s not relevant anymore
  • @Mariofan2840 This is the second time we warn you. Please stop.
  • 30 day old discussions should be automatically archived...