frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

LawkRD (super mini reviews)

edited March 21 in Reviews
Welcome to Learning Acrobatics With Knives Reviewing Division

PLEASE NOTE:
*This is something I want to do for fun, not all the time.
*If you send a request then you might have to wait awhile for me to get to you.
*THESE ARE NOT FULL REVIEWS, if you want full indepth reviews I would suggest the Crigence Critique or Bored Reviews.

Now that that's out of this way, I will grade you on the following:

PROS: I will give you a list of the aspects I thought were good about the game.

CONS: I will give you a list of the aspects I thought were bad or needs improvement about the game.

VERDICT: A general scale of 1-5 of how good I thought the game was. I will also give you tips on how you can improve your game, and what you should change and add!

Thank you for reading this, and I hope I can get to you shortly!

- Sincerely L.A.W.K.S Chief Executive Officer, ToastMaster.

"Im just a third party, make sure you consult other people, not just me." - CEO of L.A.W.K.S.

Comments

• Why not do me first? Here are two of my games:

The first game I've made on FlowLab, A Little Evil: flowlab.io/game/play/1034205
    (I haven't worked on this one for a while, and still might not change things, but I'd like to know what you think about it, thanks!)

Then my latest game, A Boy in Armor: flowlab.io/game/play/1095375
    (This I am still updated currently. One thing you should know is that this is a story game, so it is about consuming the facts. There is attacks and a sprint, of course, but they are not necessary, as there is no obstacle nor enemy, but there is dialogue enemies that you can try figuring out people in the game, thanks, and good luck!)

Thank you for considering, and make sure you read all of the information I gave in the parenthesis, as they could help with the review. Thanks again!
  • Im sooooo sorry that im a late, ill review these ASAP!
  • No worries @ToastMaster64 . Everyone has a life, and I don't have any business in getting into those matters. All is forgiven, and thanks!
  • @rcreger
    Doctor who: A little evil

Pros:
    *The music fits very well!
    *Game play is a little challenging but it makes you want to play more!
    *The story is really good and you have to play as the bad guy for once!
    *It's daleks and doctor who (duh)

Cons:
    *graphics are a similar to the default.
    *Spikes would take damage for no reason?
    *When i'm close to an object and jump, I would slide back a little?
    *Background on the earth levels are lacking, but on the moon levels, I think the dots suit well.

VERDICT: 3.75/5 It's good game but I would like to see:
    *a variety of enemy
    *more story (it needs to go on! lol)
    *better background

BTW I love daleks!
  • Well, thank you for saying they are "similar" than "are" default graphics. Actually, I only have 3 original default graphics, all the rest have been changed to look at least a bit better and more realistic with 16 bit. Now the story, I have tried to make it as big as I could. I'm using free, and that is my only excuse. That also applies to the background, I really can't add anymore to it lacking the objects. However, thanks for the review, and sorry I can't fix these. That is why I said I won't be fixing things for this one, and to update for A Boy in Armor, I just used my last object, so I might not be able to use anymore unless it is just programming. Anyways, thanks for the review! I can already tell you will be great at this! Good luck!
  • @rcreger
    A boy in Armour

Pros:
    *Beautiful graphics!
    *How long did it take for you come up with this story?
    *Surprising ending!
    *I like how everyone doesn't believe you, Way to keep a mood!

Cons:
    *the "death tree" immediately freezes my game when I click on it, and since the game is one level, I had to restart from the beginning.

VERDICT: 4/5 Like you said it's not finished but here's what I would like to see:
    *(you're probability already adding this) Enemies!
    *I would be cool if you could have a variety of weapons or classes?

I like this game and for sure will come back to it!!!
  • edited March 9
    Well, sad thing is I have ran out of objects :anguished: Also, this game isn't really about combat, but the story. You can of course kill people, but it would be more of a murder, and you won't be attacked, since I want the player to live to the end to experience the whole game. But thanks for the review, and good luck!

EDIT:To answer the question, I just came up with the story as I went along :lol: I do a lot of creative writing on my free-time, and this only scratches the surface since I'm not unlimited.
  • edited March 9
    @rcreger
    Omg im sorry for some reason you last post didn't load, If your using free then that's great! So completely disregard my "additions" part of my A boy in Armour review (and A Little Evil), I guess if you get indie then those suggestions will be useful lol. But it would be cool to see!
  • Yeah, I understand. I wish I could do that, but I don't have the money for that right now. I might actually make another account so I can make more and more games for you guys. I was actually trying to make a different type of game, not really on the violence side, but is dark nonetheless, and a bit sad (That music I put for the "Dying" level..). I'm trying to make more and more original games that stand out for their story. But no worries, thank you for the review!
  • Your welcome!
  • edited March 9
    Hey @ToastMaster64 , just curious, I have two questions:

1) Is there really a copyright for your stuff?
    2) Do you actually have multiple people working with you?

If you say "yes" to at least one of these, I will be impressed, if "no", I know where you're coming from :lol: I used to make "copyrights" all the time for stuff. Thanks!
  • edited March 9
    @rcreger

Im guessing your talking about The Thief At the museum?

General rules:
    https://tsaweb.org/docs/default-source/themes-and-problems-2018-2019/2018-2019-ms-guide-general-rules-and-regulations_0.pdf?sfvrsn=bdc816b2_0

Video game design rules:
    https://bmstechedu.weebly.com/uploads/1/8/0/8/18089205/tsa_ms_video-game.pdf

yes, My team didnt use any copyrighted material though, so we didnt have to go through the process.
    yes, I worked with a team of 5 of my class mates for several months.

As for LAWKS,

Nope
    And it's just me and my friend lol
  • Good enough for me @ToastMaster64 :lol: Good luck, and sounds like fun!
  • Super mini reviews, lol, more like over kill
  • Hey, Im creating a new horror game called "The Cursed Room" and it is still in the making. I just wanted to see if you had any ideas that I could add to it. Sad thing is, that I am almost out of sprites to use (Free edition) and the game is no where near done. If anyone has any ideas that I could do or add to make it better then please let me know.

The game isn't scary at the moment because I haven't add the jump-scare part (Coming soon) I mostly wanted feedback on the map or overall house.

http://flowlab.io/game/play/1114643
  • If you want you could try out my finished game "Only one Way"

http://www.flowlab.io/game/play/1052738
  • edited March 9
    @SomeGuy542
    The cursed room.

Pros:
    *Wow already at the start I can see this is going to be a scary game!
    *The fact that you made it look so Erie and dark really makes a good theme!
    *I like the mechanic of the flash light.
    *the layout of the home is really believable, almost like you're in an actual house!

Cons:
    *There's no sound
    *I had to search through a lot of desks to find the key. (easy fix, just less desks)

VERDICT: 3.25/5 Like you said, it's not finished, and since you're using free I cant really give you too much suggestions.

This is what I would like to see:
    *A meter for the batter life of your flash light.
    * maybe you could find more objects in the desks (like more batteries)?
    * Now I see you have 2 different types of desks, one with the key, one without, but you could make it random for each desk to have an item in it, this will also help because every new game, you will have to look for the key again.

I REALLY cant wait to see a fuller version of this game!!!

• @SomeGuy542
    Only One Way
    Not gonna lie, I already played most of this game.

Pros:
    *cool way to do the ending credits!
    *The Graphics Are good.
    *The fact that you have to find stuff all around the dungeon is cool.
    *good job on the boss!

Cons:
    *the music didn't fit that great with the theme.
    *Not to be rude but, the fighting is a little bland.
    *The score really doesn't contribute to the game.
    *there's no way to heal?

VERDICT: 2.75/5 It's just not my type of game.

Even though it's finished, here's what I would like to see:
    *A way to heal.
    *more dungeon-like music.
    *a better fighting method.

"I must have fallen down a hole" - Chara, Undertale
  • edited March 9
    @JR 01
    Drive

Pros:
    *I like the black and white style!
    *The shop makes a good addition to the game!
    *It's infinite and addicting.
    *You can change the music?!
    *The Main menu is nice, clean, and simple.

Cons:
    *you can only hit space bar to jump.
    *there's only skins in the shop.
    *some tips would repeat themselves occasionally when I start the game.

VERDICT: 4/5, I can see someone getting very addicted to this! BTW nice references to other games.

Here's what i would like to see:
    *more possible inputs for jumping.
    *Something extra in the shop to make you want to play a lot more

Other than that it's a good game with the power of addiction! (not drugs, lol )

P.S. In the shop, it's kinda confusing to go to the next skin, I would expect right to go right and left to go left.
  • @ToastMaster64
    - You can click to jump too
    - Tips do repeat but there made to not repeat in a row
    - The shop can be confusing depending how you look at it; the arrow is where the car goes off screen,
    the new car comes from the other side.

If the game wasn't set on a fair score system, I would apply shocks and other stuff in the store.
    Though I've been thinking on making more modes.
  • @JR 01

What I meant by "more inputs" is adding like W, and up arrow, Because I personally prefer hitting the up arrow.

I get the shop now, i thought it was bug until you explained it to me.

I think adding more game modes would be a great idea for this type of game!
  • edited March 9
    The game is original planned for touch screen, or a one input game (like geometry dash),
    but it has really grown into a bigger title now. I may add the optional inputs later though...

Only one time when I editing the shop, that same allusion tricked me up too.

When I upgrade out of the free edition, I could add much more modes and stuff.
  • edited March 10
    @CrimsonBlackGames via discord

(im doing this not because I want too, but because I have too)

hwey I pwayed dwis won bwefore

Stwar Bwast Fwee (gwood wame)

Pwos:
    *It's Wery wetro-we wand I wike wit!
    *swound wack wery gwood!
    *Gwapics wery gwood!!!
    *wit wooks wike wit's wrom wa warcade gwame!!!
    *I wike wthat wthere's wany gwame wodes.
    *gwampwaly wis wary woderfull and wbright!

Cwons:
    *why wthe wanos win wa worner wof wroom?
    *why wanos stware wat wee?
    *Wi'm sworry wu whave wu wisten wu whis.
    *wimson wlack gwames
    *why ware we swtill were? wust wu wuffer?
    *wevery wight wi fweel wi weg.

Werdict: wore wout wof fwive, gwood gwame!

what wide would wike wu wee:
    *wothing gwame wis werfic!

Sorry if there's any spelling errors, i tried my best!

P.s. HE SPECIFICALLY ASKED ME, ON DISCORD, TO DO IT IN THIS PARTICULAR WAY, weirdo.
  • edited March 10
    LIAR!!!
    *internal screaming*

• Review this
  • @meburningslime

I mean 8 yo me would love it