I think it is about time to give A-Box an update log, since I will definitely continue to work on it. Some of these updates listed below were created quite a while ago, but I'd like for you guys to see the development of this completely through, as I did for A Boy in Armor. But first, here is the link: flowlab.io/game/play/1148793
If you'd please give it a like, it would be most appreciated! I will also take suggestions for this game.
Now, for the updates
- Basic creation of ground/floor blocks
- Made several different objects to give an affect of a 3D game.
- Made T.0.DD, in same 3D theme.
- 3D theme completely established adding in decorations and tubes/walls.
- Added water as a way to lose the game.
- Created a box and bolt background to give the same mood.
- Added a help in the beginning of the game (blue paper icon).
- Added an in-game help when you click T.0.DD.
- Added spikes as a second way to die/lose the game.
- Added lasers as a third way to die/lose the game.
- Made special alerts for each way to die/lose the game.
- Progressed in level development and obstacles.
- Created T.1.M., who may not be a one time appearance...
- Gave T.1.M. a teleport animation.
- Finalized T.1.M.'s dialogue for beginning.
- Got help from @JR 01
and @Johnny boy
with saving so that the player does not restart after dying.
- Added a "delete progress" button in-game.
- Made a menu WIP.
- Decorations added to menu, with display of two of the three deadly objects.
- Created a logo suiting for A-Box.
- Changed A Box to A-Box in title, added Plymouth Interactive Fables to title.
- Added a help in the menu.
- Placed the "delete progress" in the menu.
- Added an animation to logo to give a glitching effect.
- Added an Easter Egg in menu. Can you find it?
- Update log added to menu.
- Movable block added for puzzles.
- Able to restart game, deleting save(s), by pressing "R".
- Added an Easter Egg in "An Adventure". Can you find it?
- Finalized movable block, able to be destroyed in water.
- Added puzzle button.
- Added puzzles blocks (solid and non-solid)
- Updated button pressed animation.
- Updated non-solid block animation.
- Added J.4.CK.
- Added J.4.CK teleport animation.
- Added checkpoint when colliding with J.4.CK
- Game (not menu) now has music by @Eric_Matyas
- Menu music added, by @Eric_Matyas
- Changed in-game music, by @Eric_Matyas
- Press "M" to go back to the menu.
- Updated J.4.CK teleport animation.
- Fixed programming in non-solid platforms.
This is all I had in my notes at the moment, and I will place any new information here! Thanks for the help, and here are the things I am going to try to make, which I will check off once I do accomplish them:Coming up
- More characters
- Moving platforms
- Puzzles (started
- More story development (started
- Skins (most likely in the form CUBED used it)
- More obstacles
- More options in menu
- More scenery pieces
This is all in due of fact if I have enough objects, but I think I can manage if I keep things small. Thanks again, and enjoy!
P.S., you may review this game, just ask first.