frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

HTML Keeps Crashing my Games (and other problems)

Flash is pretty much withering away at this time and we are using HTML instead. I upgraded my account to HTML, thinking it would be a good idea. But I am having major problems with HTML that is hindering my Flowlab experience.
When I used Flash in the past, my games worked properly, and (nearly) followed my exact specifications for how the game would work. However, when I upgraded to HTML, I only had about 5 minutes to edit/play my games before it crashes and resets ALL of my progress. And the "Label" block does not function properly: it keeps vanishing from the screen, even when it's alpha was set to 100; it is impossible to write texts when the "enter" key is pressed to make another line; the preview of the text does not update when something new is typed; text alignment keeps resetting to "left", even when changed to "center" or "right". Because of these errors, using "Label" blocks is not as easy as it once was. I am currently making a game called "Astro Royale" (its unlisted, and I won't list it until it is in its "Beta" stages) and because of all of these bugs, I cannot work on this game. It has even proven to be difficult to edit my other games, like "Pixel Sports" and "Porky's Nightmare".
@grazer I understand that you are trying your best to make Flowlab.io work well with HTML, I just made this discussion to point out these issues that is making Flowlab very difficult for me to work with. It's not like I hate Flowlab now, but I am getting frustrated with these bugs. That being said, HTML does lag my computer less than Flash did.

And before I forget, I am using Google Chrome to use Flowlab.io.

Comments

• When you’ve edited a game with flash for a while and then you switch to html it tends to mess everything up. I remade my game in html because of that, it just takes a little bit to get used but it’s way better.
  • I guess you're right @Johnny boy , but I'm not sure if that is the case with the label always disappearing in the editor.