I just deployed a new update that adds a new rendering engine. The current browser version should behave the same as the previous version, but exported games for desktop and mobile are now much faster since they use your GPU hardware properly. This new renderer is also a big part of the upcoming HTML port. I was hoping that I could fit in a few feature requests into this release, but it has already taken longer than I expected.
In addition to the new renderer, there are several bug fixes:
* Raycast block now returns the distance to the closest object reliably when multiple objects are hit
* Chained animations (playing an animation from another animation's done output) now work correctly
* Creating large objects (greater than 1 grid cell) in the user interface layer now has correct initial alignment
* Flip/Rotate now interact properly. Also, there is a new option in the Flip settings called "lock flip axis". When this is set, the object will always flip on the global x/y axis instead of its local axis when rotating.
* Alpha block works properly on all exported platforms
* Editing a sprite now updates the physics collision shape immediately (including all clones)
* Editing physics properties now updates all clones immediately
I did a whole lot of testing, but there were lots of changes - please let me know if you find any problems and I'll try to address them ASAP.