frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Leave YOUR game here, and I'LL review it! (The Crigence Critique 2.0)

Comments

• edited March 6
    Umm, not to be that guy, but I don't think thats how the story of king Solomon goes...
  • edited March 6
    Not on-topic, carry on. You’ve been warned.
    Honestly- what I wanna know is @meburningslime if you don’t like the way he’s speaking, then why are you still here? Nothing is forcing you to go and read his swearing. Yeah he should probably clean his wording a little but people should’ve already seen it coming, because they can read earlier reviews- it’s biting off more than you can chew, then blaming the food when you choke. It’s his thread, therefor what he says is none of your business unless you have something to contribute to the topic at hand. If Grazer decides to warn him, that’s at his discretion, not yours.
  • edited March 6
    I know @CrimsonBlackGames , and I am trying to drop the topic desperately, but on good terms. Last time we didn't, he was attacking me in all the discussions. I am guilty of it too, though.
  • Yep I'm sorry @Crigence I wont bring it up again sorry.
  • We all make mistakes. But we should all walk away from them, with the newly learned information fresh in our minds, and keep on walking to strive to better and more professional things.
  • edited March 6
    Who said that? Wait... that was you! Lol
  • edited March 7
    Hey @Crigence my game has had A LOT of updates since my original post (February 26th BTW) and I realized that post had become super outdated, so here's a more in depth description.

http://forum.flowlab.io/discussion/6930/project-l-a-w-k-s#latest
  • flowlab.io/game/browse?q=the+ruins
  • did that work?
  • edited March 7
    Forget it, i'm going from last to first now! I just CAN'T review Fallout Anarchy!

I guess this also means requests will be answered sooner?
  • LAST TO FIRST??!!
    i guess...
    http://www.flowlab.io/game/play/1067502
    re-review my game please :v
    i guess this request is last XD
    (for now)
  • You know you're the last person to submit your game now right? That's what i mean't!

Anyway i'm gonna review your game now!
  • http://flowlab.io/game/play/1107801

io!

I wanna be last (never thought I'd say that) try my game!
  • edited March 8
    @Simple_doge5
    THERE, I REVIEWED THE GAME! NOW STOP BOTHERING ME!!! (Seriously though you did kinda bother me a bit about it!) Here's my notes:

+That "e" button prompt feels like something out of a REAL game!
    +Stomping on enemies now makes you bounce! Nice!
    +I forgot to mention this in the original review, but the retracting spikes are REALLY cool!
    +The health system is now WAY less buggy!

-The main menu is a bit too cluttered in my opinion!
    -How was i supposed to know that creepy yellow guy was the boss?
    -Why did jumping on a girls head teleport me somewhere? Could you AT LEAST use prompts to give context?
    -The final level goes on for WAY too long!
    -Checkpoints would be nice?
    -If you get on those blocks that grow and shrink and stick to the side of it, you'll go straight through the wall of saws!

menu
    sign
    survival of the smartest

It's a pretty standard Flowlab platformer game really. It's not exactly UNIQUE per say as it uses a lot of Flowlab assets and i can't think of anything that this game does that hasn't been done in hundreds of other games! That doesn't make it bad, that just makes it uninspired!

Scores (Scale of 1/5)

Visuals - 3.5 (I like the custom animations so you got an extra .5!)
    Sound - 2.5
    Controls - 3
    Stability - 4.5

Final Score: 3.5/5.
    Just another 2D platformer.

Send your game and i'll check it out: The mechanics score! I am VERY split on whether i should add this or not, on one hand i like the idea and sometimes it would be a helpful score but on the other hand is it REALLY necessary? Tell you what if i get AT LEAST 2 people telling me to add it i will!

Thorough Micro Reviews: The concept score! (Why are all these gimmicks based off scores?) Well, i don't know about this one. It seems like a VERY unnecessary score but some people might want to see it added! I guess if i get 4 people telling me to add it i will!

Anyway that was me looking at my competition again to see how i can improve! If you have any ideas for how i can make The Crigence Critique better i am always willing to listen! Until then, please tell me whether you want me to add the mechanics and concept scores or not! ~Crigence
  • You could try putting a suggestion area in the review, like of what the developer could do to improve the game instead of just saying what is wrong about, tell them how to fix it as well, maybe giving suggestions for art, sound, and gameplay as well.
  • have you tried my game yet?

• I think you are doing very well @Crigence. :)
  • @Crigence doesn't (almost) all late-game levels become longer and harder? :v
  • @Simple_doge5 i agree with you on this one ;)
  • I do hope someone watched that :lol:
  • @Simple_doge5
    Now that i think about it, yeah! Most final levels DO tend to be bigger than the rest of the game! I still won't remove that note though as it still DOES feel like it drags on for a bit too long!
  • edited March 8
    @rcreger
    Doesn't that already exist? At the bottom of EVERY review there's a recommendation section!

Also if there IS a developer who would like my opinion or help on something they could just ask!
  • I'm just saying since sometimes your recommendation is to just "scrap it", and that isn't really helpful @Crigence . Of course, no offense, but it doesn't help the developer only making them feel terrible about their work. Please consider that.
  • @Crigence
    Can you review my game Bloodstream Fighter???
    http://www.flowlab.io/game/play/1123478
    I'm new to the engine and took down notes from the forums for this game
    (DON"T PLAY MY OTHER GAME!!! it's severely unfinished)
  • @Black Hyena Studios
    I know this probably wasn't your intention, but thanks for giving me a short-simple game to help me get back into reviewing again! Here's my notes:

+In all seriousness though: This game has a pretty interesting and unique premise... for a game!
    +The intro and level transition cinematics are pretty neat!
    +The derpy looking expression on the enemies is kinda funny!
    +I gotta give the game praise for at least TELLING you what you need to do!

-What kinda story is that? Is this the Magic School Bus all of the sudden?
    -The main-menu is kinda bland, it's just a logo and a start button with some black things spawning in for you to look at.
    -There doesn't appear to be any real way to lose, what's the point of playing then?
    -How about a score/kill count, or something to give this game some more replay value?

menu
    bloodstreak
    hello

If there's one thing to take away from this game: It's that this is one of the most charming games on Flowlab! It's just really pleasant to look at and play and i feel like that was kinda the point! If anyone is looking for games to play: I recommend this one! It's so calming it will ironically lower your blood pressure!

Scores (Scale of 1/5)

Visuals - 3.5 (I like the cutscenes so you got an extra .5!)
    Sound - 2.5
    Controls - 2.5 (Turning could be faster)
    Stability - 5

Final Score: 3/5.
    It's a solid game with barely any content!