frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Context Menu?

edited July 2013 in General
I've been trying to create a simple context menu but I can't seem to get what I want.

I want to click on a sprite, and have multiple graphics (buttons) pop up around the sprite. The buttons would remain until the player clicks elsewhere, or on one of the buttons (which then has an effect).

I've tried Trigger: Click -> Alert, but that doesn't allow me to display a graphic as far as I can tell.
I've tried Trigger: Click -> Emit, as well as Attach - these actually display the graphics I want but I can't seem to set their position properly and I'm also worried about interacting with them.

Also tried doing it through the UI layer, but then I can't interact with the sprite.

Thoughts?

Comments

• what about having them pre-set into the level, off screen. Then make it so when you click the sprite, it sends a message to your buttons. This would tell them to move to the location you want, of course you'll need to use the position logic, with a number. It should also allow you to interact with them how you want it.