Pros e Cons of changing the game palette and art-style:
Don't beat me. I know I have worked too hard to start all Over again. But if I really want to make a good game, sacrifices need to be done.
So those are my thoughs:
- Awakening is supposed to be an exploring and semi-openworld game and the current pallette doesnt give enough curiosty To explore the world.
- Also the art style is locking me up, I can't do much things because it is very specific.
- Even with colors that have a important meaning it doesnt give much life to the game. Everything looks dead and meh.
Now those are the pros & cons:
- Brings life to the game.
- Easier to do.
- Easier to understand.
- Everyone prefers colors instead of just white and red.
- More freedom to do everything I want.
- More appreciable.
- I would have to remake everything (I would remake almost everything anyway because I don't like the current status of the game)
- Game looses the big difference between all the others.
- Every idea I had to do with the red pallette is dead.
- Remake everything includes the design from my pre-final Year project (Dossier and his text, Moodboard and Presentation)(pre-PAP)
I think those are all the things I can point out.
I really need your help guys, should I change the game palette and art-style?
(Gameplay, story and characters are already being changed)
If I get it in time I'll post a screenshot of how it would be awakening in colors.