frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Top down movement stops sometimes when holding two keys at once

When I press S and D at the same time and then switching the finger on S to A and D to S, the player kinda strafes. How can I fix this issue? @grazer

link: http://flowlab.io/game/view/1331200

Comments

• Yeah, I know what you mean, what you need to do is make a new set of code which basicly reads:

When a (S for example) and b (D for example) is pressed together do animation 1 (whichever animation you want to play When they move diagonally) and have it repeating.

I have not tried this myself but it *may* (or should) work. Good Luck!
  • @The Kodex That's not what I mean.
  • I mean when somebody presses two at once and release one the player won't be able to move in the direction the button is held on until the player lets go and presses it again.
  • Oh, right, I understand what you meant, sorry! Maybe try extracting, because I'm not too good at using it but It may be able to sort your problem.

The Only thing is it is better for AI Players or programmes and I'm not sure if you can use it for players. @grazer might have an idea of what i mean, I'm probably wrong but try to play about or get a response from grazer
  • @The Kodex I found out how to fix it, but I need to figure out how to fix something else that appeared when I fixed it. (I'll make another post about that)
  • Alright, post when you create the other problematic discussion