You'd think I'd have learnt by now to not break FlowLab, but unfortunately I'm incapable of intelligence. Here's the link to my game: https://flowlab.io/game/play/1339571
I seem to have found a bug where my enemies won't save the information I put in the extractor nodes. The game currently has 2 working stages that both have enemies. They are the loading screen and the "Combat" stage. I coded the enemies so that they have extractor nodes that extract the player ship's information and then respond to that information by tracking the player, pointing at the player and then attacking the player (feel free to copy my code if you want). This code is also present in the "Turret" enemy. As you can see, this code is heavily reliant on the extractor node.
However, this is where the root of the issue takes place. For some reason, FlowLab will save my code, but not the entity I put in the extractor node. You know how in order to extract another entity's info, you need to put the entity type and the name of the entity? Well, FlowLab isn't saving that information. After thorough testing, I have concluded that only ONE level with this info coded in the enemies will have the entity saved on the extractor node.
So for example let's say that the Combat level works and the enemies have the working code. That will mean that the enemies on the Loading Screen level won't have the working code. I playtest and see that, so I fix their code in the edit menu. However, after I fix that code, the enemies on the Combat level subsequently break. The "entity" on their extractor nodes will be removed as soon as I fix the code for the Loading Screen, and vice versa. This makes it so that it isn't really fixable.
You can try it for yourself. As soon as you fix the currently bugged Loading Screen enemies, the enemies on the next level (the Combat level) will break.
I want to know how to fix this and if it even possible to fix this, because this is a pretty serious game-breaking issue. I am not sure if this is a bug or not but it seems like a bug. I also want to ask if there is an option for manual saving in FlowLab because I feel like that might fix this issue.
Sincerely, A Water Molecule