frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

FLOWJAM - Results Posted

Comments

• The theme is space? How amusing. That's the only thing that I'm really good at. I suppose I could spare a few hours on Tuesday and Thursday to work on something. Don't expect anything high resolution, in fact, it might just be the same amount of pixel sprites as your 9-hour game.
  • Space? Everyone is screwed- my specialty
  • Ehehehe let's see who can conquest the space then
  • edited April 2018
    Ok ok, everyone provably will surpass me on this one, I have FSAs this week, the most annoying test in the state of florida. I will try to submit an entry though
  • Space the one subject i am horrible at XD
  • @CrimsonBlackGames well, you've finished like what 6 or so space games? You should know the logic for a space game better than anyone else. Meanwhile, I've never finished any of my games, and I just made Concepts and tutorials. I only have 2 days that I can maybe spend on a game, so I'm sure you'll do at least as good or better than I am going to do.
  • Actually, I just remembered I had a dream last Monday, the 9th, that I was playing a really cool space game, and when I woke up I tried to look it up and see if it actually existed, and it didn't. I just made it up in that dream. Luckily, when I have really cool dreams, I draw pictures and take notes in a journal for ideas for games that I could make. This is an opportunity that I could use to make that game that I had a dream of. I could at least make a concept of that game, that I could later use for a different game.
  • @grazer found a way to reproduce the bug I mentioned ealier. Set both the object being emitted and the object that’s emitting to UP, and when the ship points straight up, the projectile fires sideways
  • edited April 2018
    whats the deadline (dunce alert)
  • Next sunday. PixelPizza already said that.
  • So I might manage to make something, but I do not have a lot of time. but I think I will make a small simple game just for fun!
  • edited April 2018
    Didn't feel like spending a whole WEEK (that is an insane time limit for a game jam) making a space game so I only spent a few hours this morning on it and I'm calling it done.

I just don't understand this part of the rules:
    - NO outside resources (sprites or songs that are not made by you or NOT copyright-free)
    It's fine using the built-in sounds effects of flowlab right? There's absolutely no way I'm going to make my own sound effects every week for each new flowjam thing when flowlab has its own library of sound effects. If this is a flowlab-themed game jam (i.e. flowjam), all flowlab features should be allowed.
  • 5824D905-38BC-48B5-BE32-57C71E95E9FC
    Here’s a little screenshot on what I’m working on
  • @CrimsonBlackGames that is insane! what program did you use to make the background
  • @Wizardry yes flowlab sounds are free.
    You just can't use things that aren't free. Just because of the copyright.
    I explained a few comments ago
  • Just an FYI: You guys can always email me if you want to discuss something without posting on the forum: [email protected]
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 8.36.16 AM

okay, so this is what I have been working on. I am planning to make a rocketship version of rocket league!
  • edited April 2018
    @Magnus Aalde
    Take a stock image of a soccer ball texture and bring it into sumopaint.com/app

Then go to filters/3D/Effects/sphere.

That way you can have a 3D soccer ball. If you still want it pixelated like you already have, you can use their pixelator too
  • Absorb
    Guess people are just posting screenshots of what they're working on, so I'll just leave this here.
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 10.13.23 PM

it is beginning to look a-lot better now, just have to make a menu and maybe a shop and the game is done!
  • Gonna have to cancel my entry. The whole game depended on my room camera working, but raycast can't see through walls, so there's no point. I was going to make a NES Metroid type game on a space station overlooking Earth being destroyed by aliens, with chunks of the space station like Metroid areas, and being able to go outside the ship to low gravity and get gravity boots to walk on the ceiling. No point if the camera doesn't work. Bummer. Maybe another time.
  • @Mhx Aîr well I was going to do a chunk level generator but i gave up on this idea (and so many others). It took a long time to get a decent idea but I came up with another one and I will start working on it.
    I'm sad you canceled.
  • just started up my game, its kinda late into the jam ik, but its working out
  • WorkInProgress
    I'm going for a game where you fly in space with a ship, but when you reach a planet the game becomes more like a platformer.
  • Also thanks CrimsonBlackGames for showing how to make the 3D models
  • edited April 2018
    Should I mention SnakeInMyHoot is my 2nd account?
  • This seems like a good idea, I'm going to try and find time to submit a game.
  • edited April 2018
    my game is a platformer.
  • Just to clarify, I can’t use a game that predates the beginning of the event right? I’m really short on time and there’s a bug that’s breaking my game, and I can’t continue until it’s fixed, so I need a good fallback plan.