frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

FLOWJAM - Results Posted

Comments

• @CrimsonBlackGames if you do that you wouldn't be taking credits because of the MAIN point of the competition. Making the best game in the shortest time
  • It seems that the satellite object cannot detect what’s in front of it when there is two or more of them.
  • I've seen a bug too. It might be related to what CBG is talking about, where proximity picks up destroyed objects.
  • space-face

Working on Space Face, simple single screen game.
  • I have only done the art and intro in my game haha rippp.

I should make some game play.

Intro is very surprising...
  • edited April 2018
    Do we message grazer when we finish?
  • @Enderkole you either post it here on sunday (when the jam ends) or join the discord server and post it here. You should probably put it here though because not everyone joined the discord
  • @CrimsonBlackGames - can you give me a few more details on how to reproduce the issue? I'll try to get it fixed for you if I can see it myself.
  • An objects forward is down-

have two rotation extractors. Use an expression to subtract both by 180, and connect it to a raycast’s direction, and an emits angle. (Rotation is independent) Then, use an always to send the ray.

If it hits, it is supposed to shoot a bullet foreword, supposedly hitting the target in the process.
  • Is this set up in your game so I can see it in action?
  • Yeah. The moon is actually a reskinned satelite.
  • !Flowjam Going quite well!
  • @CrimsonBlackGames - I don't see the moon/satellite shooting anything
  • edited April 2018
    Its supposed to. This ain't good
  • ok, I checked it out again and I see it shooting. It seems to be shooting directly out of the top of the moon. Isn't that what you want?
  • Its supposed to be able to shoot in the direction its facing, as it needs to be able to hit the astroids coming from the bottom of the screen, too.
  • Hi,

Here is my offering for the Flowlab Space Jam. It's a mash up of a few styles and mobile games I like.

Definitely a few things I could do to make it a better game but it's playable (I hope!) and time is running out. It's changed a lot over a couple of days, I'm not even sure the title is correct now. Maybe like 'Fast Food Space Duck' suits it more lol!

http://flowlab.io/game/play/873849

flowlab-space-jam
  • Do we post finished games now?
  • I am backing out. FSAs screwed up my schedule and I simply didn’t have the time to work on the game. So it’s dead project.... yay
  • @SnakeInMyHoot yeah, I'd say so...today's Sunday which is submission day : )
  • Okay, so here is my finished game. After looking at @muddyapples I see that the a few things are similar (title-screen) but other than that, all other gameplay is different.

It is a one-screen arcade styled game where u move on a grid, move through the randomly generated level, and get the coin. Controls and stuff are in the description of the game.

http://flowlab.io/game/play/878470
  • Great entry! @XxCarbotxX

I took a peek at the logic, there's more going on than you might think when first playing. There's a slight glitch when you go off the edge horizontally you appear on the other side slightly higher and not in the grid, but apart from that cool stuff.
  • Finnaly I finished it! I had to do the animations very fast but I still like the result.

This is my entry for Flowjam

Gravity Blast
    http://www.flowlab.io/game/play/874936

An Arena game with 4 playable characters and 4 different modes (Including Tutorial)screenshot
    LogoBIg
  • Absorb
    Absorb Picture
    https://flowlab.io/game/view/870561

Assimilate planets while you play as the bad guy. Check the description for keyboard cheats.
  • @PixelPizza Awesome game dude! The baseball you whack that blows up is inspired! ha! Great sprite.

Have you played it with controllers? I imagine the VS mode would be a lot of fun.

@SnakeInMyHoot Really interesting concept and well executed (IMO) I haven't seen a Flowlab game like this. Strangely addictive.

• @muddyapples I tried fixing that bug for so long, but with the time I had, I couldnt fix it. other than that though im really happy with it!
  • edited April 2018
    Thanks @muddyapples
    Yes I have played with controllers. The party mode is supposed to be 2 players in the keyboard and 2 players in controllers...
    I even let a link to Joytokey auto keybinding. (in description)

Btw "The baseball you whack that blows up is inspired" I didn't get it :v