frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

FLOWJAM - Results Posted

1235»

Comments

• edited April 2018
    I decided to put Space Face on the App Store...I'm thinking I'm going to try and get all my FlowJam games on there, sort of a mission!

Here's the link, if you have a sec please check it out.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/space-face/id1375097902?ls=1&mt=8

screenshot-1

Ta.

MA
  • Sunday is the last day to submit your entry and theme!
    Be quick!
  • @PixelPizza Hey, I'm a bit confused. I thought this Sunday the theme was being decided and next Sunday, the 6th May was the day to submit your new FlowJam game?
  • edited April 2018
    Yeah, it would be impossible to enter a game entry, when you don't even know what the theme is yet

Whatever the theme is, if I have time, I'll probably just do something that I was already going to do for my other game, and then just copy paste the code once I'm finished with the contest, recycling
  • @muddyapples Yes, only the theme is going to be decided.
    And in the 6th May is to upload the game.

Sorry for the misunderstood I meant that today is the last day to submit your flowlab name and the theme you want to be picked.

( The theme will be chosen later today )
  • edited April 2018

AND THE THEME FOR THIS WEEK FLOWJAM IS

• edited April 2018

AND THE THEME FOR THIS WEEK FLOWJAM IS

BUILDING

Hands to work!
    You can now start building your game within this theme.
    A reminder: The games will be base-evaluated in 3 main things ART, GAMEPLAY and FLOW.
    Send the link of your game to here in the next sunday ( day 06/ month 05/ 2018)
    Have fun and Good luck!
    theme
    Everyone can still enter and make the game within the theme and send in a week.
  • Nice one Pixel Pizza!

Good luck y'all!
  • What does building mean?
    Building as in houses and cities, or building as in Super Mario Maker level creating, or building as in stacking blocks?
  • I think it should be either...it should be open to interpretation. As long as there is some connection to building in some way.
  • Hey @PixelPizza - Maybe the new contest should go into a new thread? If you make it, I'll make it an announcement to replace this one.
  • edited April 2018
    this will be my game, (it is just a start)

http://flowlab.io/game/play/874712

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 3.53.08 PM
  • @Magnus Aalde Don't mean to be rude but already exists tons of game like that. You could improve and do something original I guess.

@grazer alrighty. But this one contains the rules
  • Started this afternoon, working on simple terrain generation for now so a new map generates each time. I am thinking a tribal sim with buildings/workers relevant to resources like wood, stone, fish, ore, grain, etc. You will just construct buildings and the workers do their own thing. Maybe you build barracks to produce types of soldiers to protect your tribe against threats. In a few days I will have something to show

• Wait, is this verb building and not noun building? Damn. I wanted someone to clarify but too late now. I'll try to add some verb building to my game too.
  • @Mhx Aîr it’s however you interpret it
  • @Mhx Aîr yes. Building can mean anything. Building don't need to have bricks and hammers.
    Building can mean building relationships. Costumizate something etc. I won't give more examples.

Just like cbg said "it’s however you interpret it"